cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F250 and lance 1050s

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
is it a good match? Base weight is 3030 factory options increase the weight to 3263...is that a true estimate? Anyone have a 1050s willing to share their weight, options and truck experience?
42 REPLIES 42

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Make sure your rims are rated for the extra capacity of the tires because your rear axle limit will be lowest common component.
. Thanks, going for the 19.5 rims.

Capt__Caper
Explorer
Explorer
4500lbs isn't bad for that camper. My non slide short bed Lance 820 was 4000lbs loaded. I had that on a 01 f250 02 f350 08 f350 for years. I now have a 2012 Lance shortbed 855S slide out on a 2011 F350 and it weights less due to aluminum frame,etc. I only need Timbrens as it handles so good. I'm amazed.

JumboJet wrote:
ElmerKTM wrote:
Hi All, first post with my new TC. Picked it up yesterday and leaving Phoenix hit the CAT scale at Love's, with full tank of diesel. Truck and TC together weighed 12,500#. Previously weighed the truck at another scale, 8,400#. Neither of these weights were "scientific", as in pulling everything out and ensuring that only the truck, then truck and camper were weighed, but each of them is +/- 100#. So, I can confidently say that my new Lance 1050S weighs ~4,000# wet, leaving me with an additional 1,500# of capacity.

The TC has all of the options, A/C (Coleman 11), two batteries, solar, furnace upgrade, microwave, generator, awnings, etc. This weight also includes the hitch extension and air bags, so it is representative of "going camping".

I picked up my Lance 1050S in Phoenix also. Weight with pots, pans, linens, tools, clothes, food, miscellaneous, two batteries, water tank full, LPG full - my 2011 1050S came to 4540 lbs.

ElmerKTM - BTW - from what dealer did you buy your Lance?
2011 F350 Super Duty,SRW, 6.7 PowerStroke,Crew Cab,Lariet,4x4, 3.55 Locking Diff ,Short Box.Timbrens,Happy Jack's, Gator Guard bed liner, Penda bed mat.
2012 Lance 855S 9K Coleman A/C,Duel Batteries

Bedlam
Make sure your rims are rated for the extra capacity of the tires because your rear axle limit will be lowest common component.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to change from factory tire to CT285 75 R17 nitto grappers which will increase the weight load and adding stablizers.... Thoughts?

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
ElmerKTM wrote:
Hi All, first post with my new TC. Picked it up yesterday and leaving Phoenix hit the CAT scale at Love's, with full tank of diesel. Truck and TC together weighed 12,500#. Previously weighed the truck at another scale, 8,400#. Neither of these weights were "scientific", as in pulling everything out and ensuring that only the truck, then truck and camper were weighed, but each of them is +/- 100#. So, I can confidently say that my new Lance 1050S weighs ~4,000# wet, leaving me with an additional 1,500# of capacity.

The TC has all of the options, A/C (Coleman 11), two batteries, solar, furnace upgrade, microwave, generator, awnings, etc. This weight also includes the hitch extension and air bags, so it is representative of "going camping".

I picked up my Lance 1050S in Phoenix also. Weight with pots, pans, linens, tools, clothes, food, miscellaneous, two batteries, water tank full, LPG full - my 2011 1050S came to ?

What is youd truck?

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
ElmerKTM wrote:
Truck is a 2014 Ford F350 DRW 4x4. Weight on rear axle is 7700#

Bought the camper from AZ Campers and Trailers. Kyle treated us wonderfully.

Very nice family run business at AZ Campers and Trailers. I may have seen your truck/camper picture on Facebook!

ElmerKTM
Explorer
Explorer
Truck is a 2014 Ford F350 DRW 4x4. Weight on rear axle is 7700#

Bought the camper from AZ Campers and Trailers. Kyle treated us wonderfully.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
ElmerKTM wrote:

I picked up my Lance 1050S in Phoenix also. Weight with pots, pans, linens, tools, clothes, food, miscellaneous, two batteries, water tank full, LPG full - my 2011 1050S came to 4540 lbs.

ElmerKTM - BTW - from what dealer did you buy your Lance?

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
ElmerKTM wrote:

What truck? What tires do you have? What is the weight on the rear axle?

scottz
Explorer
Explorer
TTBeachBum wrote:
is it a good match? Base weight is 3030 factory options increase the weight to 3263...is that a true estimate? Anyone have a 1050s willing to share their weight, options and truck experience?

I believe the numbers from Lance to be accurate but you need to realize Is these numbers don't include batteries, propane, or water in the tanks which could add 500lbs before you add any of your stuff.

ElmerKTM
Explorer
Explorer

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
bka0721 wrote:
TTBeachBum wrote:
billyray50 wrote:
Lonetow, My GVWR is 9000 on sticker but I installed an add a leaf to each rear pack. Think it added at least another 600 pounds of support. I am going to upgrade to 19.5 vision wheels and tires to increase my wheel rating even though trucks forged Aluminum 17 x 8.0 rims have been great. Just had these inspected yesterday and being 8 years old they found no cracks or damage. Nitto Durra 285/75r/ 17s with 3970 lbs. load index have performed very well but cannot document forged aluminum wheel load capacity. Do not know if there Alcoa wheels. So going to 19.5s for added insurance due to size and weight of my Lance 990 legend 11' 3" dry bath model.

Since it is a new truck with a boat load of warranties, I have to check out changing the tires voids the warranty, or I will have to go lighter (maybe a travel lite).

It has been 18 months....I just want to go CAMPING!!!!
Again, it is really great you are approaching this with an open mind and not cherry picking information to fit what you would like to hear, to fit your needs.

As for warranties, you have stated in another thread you have connections with your local Ford Dealership and that is good. But here is where you might find something different. That is when you are out on the road and might need some warranty work, what might be allowed (creative wording on the service order) at your local dealer, might not be allowed out of area, meaning a distant dealership. Make sure you verify warranty inclusions with someone that does not have their "hat" in the ring, like a regional office, for Ford.

Also, as you have done with your well sorted upgrades, a previous poster in just adding a "leaf" does not support the extra weight, alone. Additional upgrades to steering components, transmission, drive shaft, drive shafts, differential, suspension and braking/pad upgrades should be considered, too.

b
I agree and that's why I did more than just add a leaf. The only difference between the 2006 Dodge 2500 3/4 ton and the 1 ton 3500 srw is a factory swaybar and top overload leaf..Thats it! Brakes, transmission,.. axle..same as dually, steering components, drive shaft, differential, and suspension. All the same. When I got into the TC bug I had already bought the truck. I can assure you that when I upgrade to a newer TC in January there also will be a newer truck and it will at least be a dually.

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
bka0721 wrote:
TTBeachBum wrote:
billyray50 wrote:
Lonetow, My GVWR is 9000 on sticker but I installed an add a leaf to each rear pack. Think it added at least another 600 pounds of support. I am going to upgrade to 19.5 vision wheels and tires to increase my wheel rating even though trucks forged Aluminum 17 x 8.0 rims have been great. Just had these inspected yesterday and being 8 years old they found no cracks or damage. Nitto Durra 285/75r/ 17s with 3970 lbs. load index have performed very well but cannot document forged aluminum wheel load capacity. Do not know if there Alcoa wheels. So going to 19.5s for added insurance due to size and weight of my Lance 990 legend 11' 3" dry bath model.

Since it is a new truck with a boat load of warranties, I have to check out changing the tires voids the warranty, or I will have to go lighter (maybe a travel lite).

Again, it is really great you are approaching this with an open mind and not cherry picking information to fit what you would like to hear, to fit your needs.

As for warranties, you have stated in another thread you have connections with your local Ford Dealership and that is good. But here is where you might find something different. That is when you are out on the road and might need some warranty work, what might be allowed (creative wording on the service order) at your local dealer, might not be allowed out of area, meaning a distant dealership. Make sure you verify warranty inclusions with someone that does not have their "hat" in the ring, like a regional office, for Ford.

Also, as you have done with your well sorted upgrades, a previous poster in just adding a "leaf" does not support the extra weight, alone. Additional upgrades to steering components, transmission, drive shaft, drive shafts, differential, suspension and braking/pad upgrades should be considered, too.

b

Exactly, this is why we don't want to have to make it fit; we want the camper to fit within the limitations/maximum that the truck can handle. That was the argument with the dealer, the added weight puts wear and tear on all that you mentioned. If that means giving up the room with an 1191 to downsize to a 950S (still researching) that is what we will do. I would love to cherry-pick what I want to hear but have learned reality will smack me hard across the face or wallet. I have to research the heck out of everything to make sure we are making a sound decision. We jumped a bit too soon earlier (because I am anxious) but we are doing our homework. No guarantee but the best lesson is learning from someone elseโ€™s mistakes/experiences.

We won't be spending weeks in the unit, just overnights at the beach (hopefully soon).

Thanks for all the comments.

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
TTBeachBum wrote:
billyray50 wrote:

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr