cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fast gun wobble stabilizers

BMB
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone tried these? i have a 2016 10-2 northern lite with swing out jacks. when its off the truck it has more wobble than i prefer. thanks
Brown

2017 F-350 w/aluminum flatbed
2016 Northern Lite 10-2 Lite
7 REPLIES 7

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I also made ours, I wanted front to back as well as across the front

Sides deployed soon as swingsout are, nice when loading/offloading

As soon as truck out from under deploy the ones across front.

Point is whether you make or pick up the T/L wobble stoppers, worth the effort or the coin. As much as they make camper rock solid off loaded,
I more appreciate when camper is climbing up and down the jacks....

If its about wobble don't forget the rears. At least on ours the bottom bracket is pretty high up and it only offers front to back support-
I got a lot of side to side movement, more so when I added the front stabilizers.

I don't know that rears are made by anyone. Simple enough
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

mi_drew
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job Rustofer, I may look into something similar.

Rustofer
Explorer
Explorer
BMB wrote:
has anyone tried these? i have a 2016 10-2 northern lite with swing out jacks. when its off the truck it has more wobble than i prefer. thanks

I made my own using ready rod, and angle bracket to clamp around the plastic bumpers on the Northern Lite. They work pretty well, but I don't have swing-outs.

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
Those two products aren't even close to being the same thing. The Rieco merely provides support for the cab over for those folks that are worrywarts and afraid the front will tip down. The TL stabilizers are self storing and prevent side to side sway by triangulating the front jacks to the camper.
2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Rieco-Titan has them too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
I concur, had them on my last camper and they worked great and as advertised. Having said that I got them at no cost from Torklift for some feedback in return. I don't have them on my current TC; I'd like a set but like everything else from that company it is just way overpriced for what you get. I should have removed them before I sold it.
2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, they work as advertised. Great alternative to any other kind of stabilization because they're attached to your front jacks taking up no usable storage space, like folding saw horses or blocks for instance.

I just came back from 9 days on the Oregon coast where I unloaded the TC off the truck, and the stability was almost the same as on the truck with jacks down.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo