cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

finally picked it up

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
on wednesday of this week we finally picked up our new travel trailer. we dont have the room at our house to store it so we rented a spot at the local uhaul storage place.

i removed both batteries and both propane tanks once we got it parked at the storage place

i am wondering is there any way i can lock these to the travel trailer so i dont have to remove them each and every time we put back into storage after using it during the summer months.we plan on using it nearly every weekend so removing and reinstalling them will become a pain in the backside in short time.

so if y'all have any good suggestions on how to secure them to keep them from getting stolen i would appreciate hearing your ideas.

thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Use banding iron and two locks... Cheap. although the banding iron can be cut its a cheap deterrent IMO then the overpriced gadgets out there..

Even use chain if needed.

For propane they sell a lock...

Or drill a hole and make your own

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
If you're that worried about things being stolen I'd find a different lot.
Tork Lift makes a locking battery box for the tongue. Not sure about the propane tanks. Maybe a chain or cable with a pad lock. It will just get cut. If thieves want it they will get it. Thus, I'd find a fenced lot with cameras.

it is fenced in and they do have cameras,and as the person renting and storing there i am responsible for making sure my items are secure and right in the agreement it states that they are not responsible for theft,damage,fire etc.
and i dont trust people

people will rob you blind given the opportunity
and i cant afford to let that happen

i am also a believer in "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
If you're that worried about things being stolen I'd find a different lot.
Tork Lift makes a locking battery box for the tongue. Not sure about the propane tanks. Maybe a chain or cable with a pad lock. It will just get cut. If thieves want it they will get it. Thus, I'd find a fenced lot with cameras.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
If thieves really want it they'll get it. The more security devices you put on might deter them but it usually just causes more damage to get things removed. Safest bet is to find a more secure storage area or take them with you.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

RVNoob123
Explorer
Explorer
I got this for the battery lock
https://www.amazon.com/Batteryshackle-dual-Group-24-Batteries/dp/B00LE06LRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520040475&sr=8-1&keywords=travel+trailer+battery+lock

Hooked it up in 15 minutes
2018 Keystone Cougar 24SABWE
2017 Silverado Z71 LTZ
Let's Roll This Puppy!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thereโ€™s being safe and thereโ€™s running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Lock them and leave them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a Rv battery lock box on Amazon. They also have Propane gas tank locks. Hope this helps.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k