cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

floor parallel to frame?

jy
Explorer
Explorer
I inheritaded an older Dutchman TT.When the floor is level the frame is not.Is this the way they could have built it or does it have structural issues?
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.
8 REPLIES 8

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Not really causing problems,I was just trying to set up the hitch to help eliminate sway.The first step is to level the trailer.Tahts when I found out that leveling the floor doesn.t level the frame.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it causing problems ?

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
jy wrote:
Basically when the camper is level inside,the frame runs downhill from the back to the front by about 3 inches.

Bottom flange I assume? Is the top flange running with the floor? Almost has to be.

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Basically when the camper is level inside,the frame runs downhill from the back to the front by about 3 inches.

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Its a model 240. Have a pic in my files but dont know how to post it.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Frame camber. 1999 was before the frame market was cornered by a certain company (If their name is mentioned the post seems to magically disappear on these boards) so your 1999 probably has camber, unlike the certain company whose frames are probably designed with camber, but then they screw up the fabrication and say oh well, good enough.

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Its a 1999 Dutchman lite.Not sure of the model # right now.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the older lightweights had tapered frames. Can you post a pic? Or maybe some model and year info?
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST