cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ford factory 5th wheel prep

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at new Ford trucks and some I see with the 5th wheel prep package. Dealer tells me they are only compatible with the Reese Elite series hitch. Does anyone have a pic of their truck with this set up? Im not sure if I am picturing this correctly or not.
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73
20 REPLIES 20

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky If you buying the truck new this seems like the way to go. Other wise you then have to do something else that will cost as much or more.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
esfd243 wrote:
So this does not require rails? and you cap the holes in the bed when you take the hitch out?

Yes.
Larry

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Trailersaver with the Ford factory prep.
Larry

esfd243
Explorer
Explorer
So this does not require rails? and you cap the holes in the bed when you take the hitch out?
Mike, Dawn & Mallori
2016 Hemisphere 368RLBH
2012 Chevy 2500 HD D/A 3.73

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Dealer is wrong, or just wants you to buy from him. There are several manufacturers that make hitches to fit the Ford prep. I have the Reese Elite and like it. But Pullrite, B&W, Curt, and I think others also have them.

I like the Reese Elite as I often haul 8' pieces of lumber and can slide a number of them under the hitch to lay flat.

Rich1961
Explorer
Explorer
esfd243 wrote:
We are looking at new Ford trucks and some I see with the 5th wheel prep package. Dealer tells me they are only compatible with the Reese Elite series hitch. Does anyone have a pic of their truck with this set up? Im not sure if I am picturing this correctly or not.

B&W makes a hitch that fits in the factory Ford Hitch Prep, and I believe Curt does also. There are probably others but I don't know what they are.

Rich
2016 Chevrolet/Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab B&W RVK 3700 5th Wheel Hitch
2014 Arctic Fox 29-5T