cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox shocks on 2017 Ford F350.

tj548
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about to start a long trip and was really sick of the OEM shocks that came with my truck. I was able to compare the performance of the two sets of shocks. We'll see how the Foxs hold up after 5,000 miles of towing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hV_JAEc_aU
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel
TH: 07 Next Level 38CKS
7 REPLIES 7

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am a bit surprised that the Fox shocks have the piston rods (for a lack of a better term) exposed and worse yet on the bottom. I can't help but wonder if the mirror finish rods will get blasted from road debris and then start to have issues.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

tj548
Explorer
Explorer
alexleblanc wrote:
I'm surprised by the number of new SD owners changing out their shocks already, I can't say I'm unhappy with mine at all.

I'm surprised Ford puts such low quality shocks on a heavy duty in the first place. I had one blow the seal and leak fluid at 2,000 miles and when I removed them at 6,000 miles they had very little compression resistance. A lot of it is the luck of the draw but the very fact that so many owners feel the need to swap them is a pretty strong indicator that Ford could do a better job with their OEM offering.

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised by the number of new SD owners changing out their shocks already, I can't say I'm unhappy with mine at all.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

tj548
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
tj548 wrote:
I'm about to start a long trip and was really sick of the OEM shocks that came with my truck. I was able to compare the performance of the two sets of shocks.

Do you think that Fox's offer much difference in comparison to Bilsteins?

The Fox shocks are quite a bit smoother or softer. I've used Bilsteins and Rancho 9000s before and they're all good shocks. Rancho worked well for a while but wore out quickly. Bilsteins were great when towing but were harsh unloaded. These Fox shocks seem to run the middle.we'll see how long they last.

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
tj548 wrote:
I'm about to start a long trip and was really sick of the OEM shocks that came with my truck. I was able to compare the performance of the two sets of shocks.

Do you think that Fox's offer much difference in comparison to Bilsteins?
2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on my 2008 F250 and they work very good!
cpaulsen

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well done...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"