cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freighliner Value

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to look at 2005 Freighliner M2 106 truck today. Great condition with only 143000 miles. It may be overkill to pull our fifth wheel but is much cheaper than a newer dually. Anyone know of a site where I can get a value on this truck. NADA does not have these vehicles, Truckpapers and others all seem to have more commercial trucks with dump beds or tanks and for EBay is not showing much.

Thanks for the help.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
11 REPLIES 11

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
TheTruckPaper.com would probably give an idea. I'd rather pull my 5th wheel with a used Duramax dually than a used Freightliner.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
Just looked at the truck and I walked away from it. Body and interior look beautiful but the chassis has a ton of rust. Also lots of oil or grease under the chassis. New front tires but rear tires are shot. Never even looked at the engine or fired it up. Thanks for the input all. I'll keep looking.

Grease is good. Means the previous owner actually maintained it. I've never seen a 6-7 or 8 truck that wan't greasy underneath and if I did, I'd run from that instead.

Most chassis I see have rust on them but remember, the frame rails are a lot beefier than a pickup truck or car and they are heat treated as well. Rusty frame rails are easily fixed. Called the 'Five gallon finish'.:)
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
To bad. But just an fyi, as an otr driver, I get my trucks detailed and frame painted every 4 years. Looks like showroom new when done. Right price and a mechanic look over, always a good idea

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at the truck and I walked away from it. Body and interior look beautiful but the chassis has a ton of rust. Also lots of oil or grease under the chassis. New front tires but rear tires are shot. Never even looked at the engine or fired it up. Thanks for the input all. I'll keep looking.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Turn radius )Wheel cut) is entirely predicated on where the stop bolts are set and contact with the tire and frame / wheel well.

Easily adjustable on most all 6-7 and 8 trucks.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
I am going to look at 2005 Freighliner M2 106 truck today. Great condition with only 143000 miles. It may be overkill to pull our fifth wheel but is much cheaper than a newer dually. Anyone know of a site where I can get a value on this truck. NADA does not have these vehicles, Truckpapers and others all seem to have more commercial trucks with dump beds or tanks and for EBay is not showing much.

Thanks for the help.

Consider a class 7 or 8 (and single it out yourself). You literally have thousands to choose from, they are generally less expensive than the “little” trucks. Your performance will be far superior and similar fuel mileage. Take a look at Escapees Forum...they have forums specifically dedicated to the Medium Duty and to the HD trucks. Also, grab a Truck Paper from most any truck stop....to get an idea at what is available and the costs!

If I didn’t need 4 wheel drive, and could justify an HD for part-time use it would be a Volvo 730 ( mid-roof, super nice sleeper pkg.). The Volvo’s, actually have a tighter turn radius than a 4WD pick-up truck!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Great condition?
Not much info?

Tread carefully. This is a 13 year old truck likely used commercially.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
got link?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
hone eagle wrote:
What is the installed power? some only have de rated pick up engines.
might not be satisfying for you .

I don't have much info on truck. Ad only has one picture and mileage. Heading out shortly to look at it. Looking online I see both Mercedes and Cat engines are available. It is an automatic and I presume it is an Allison.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If it's at a dealer lot they should have a paper on it. A lot depends on its condition, and in my opinion, looks. I've seen many that were pretty much work trucks and rode like it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
What is the installed power? some only have de rated pick up engines.
might not be satisfying for you .
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-