cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FWC *indoor* shower owners: how is it? Likes / Dislikes?

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
FWC *indoor* shower owners: how is it? Likes / Dislikes?

Hi all

We are looking at a Granby slide in. (or similar ATC)

We’d be using a PortAPotty, so we dont need or want a walled toilet / shower area.

Sometimes it would be more convenient to have a quick indoor shower rather than outside. We like to boondock a lot in the middle of nowhere (not at campsites with facilities) or maybe even an occasional quick stealthy solo camp with the top down for sleeping.

One advantage of the FWC is that they’ll do an indoor shower….. and it is merely a grate and shower pan on the floor, and a shower curtain that hangs from above (in a big wedge) and tucks into the shower pan, under the grate.

The advantage is that it isn’t using up any space when not in use.

AWC (our other top contender) does not do indoor showers like this.

Looks as if we would be limited to the front dinette layout to get the inside shower option… according to this:

https://fourwh.com/product/grandby-long-bed-popup-truck-camper-8-foot-bed/

and… From the pics I saw of an indoor shower on a Grandby (rear dinette on flat bed, so a different layout) the shower temperature controls may be quite a ways from the shower… ?

Thanks to anyone who has an indoor shower in a FWC for any thoughts.

j.
7 REPLIES 7

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like something like this might work well in a Grandby?

How to Build an Indoor Portable Van Shower

http://livelikepete.com/how-to-build-an-indoor-van-shower/

the small size ($28) is 32” around - too big for a Grandby?

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Owning a camper without a shower is like buying a corvette with a 6 cyl.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
FWC - AWC??... Some advice, May forum acronyms forever RIP...

:B
FWC= Four Wheel campers
ATC= All Terrain Campers

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
FWC - AWC??... Some advice, May forum acronyms forever RIP...

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
Found it. It was a FWC Keystone he was selling not a Grandby but should still work in an ATC or FWC camper. Long video but go to 37:06 on the video to see the diy shower. Hope you can get something to work in your new camper 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4oFCYPtEx8

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
JD5150 wrote:
I seen a guy on Youtube who had a Grandby with his own diy shower. He had a clear plastic tote/container that he put close to the back door. He attached it to a drain he installed into the floor. It was either a fitting or hose but it drained on the ground as he took a shower. Probably could put a bucket or water container to catch the shower water if needed. It did look bigger than the shower that FWC uses in the dinette area. I did a quick search for the video but didn't see it. Only draw back with his setup was you have to find a place to store the tote when not in use.

cool - thanks. Good idea. I assume he connected the feed from the kitchen tap?

I like this idea as it would be a LOT cheaper than to have FWC build it in.

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
I seen a guy on Youtube who had a Grandby with his own diy shower. He had a clear plastic tote/container that he put close to the back door. He attached it to a drain he installed into the floor. It was either a fitting or hose but it drained on the ground as he took a shower. Probably could put a bucket or water container to catch the shower water if needed. It did look bigger than the shower that FWC uses in the dinette area. I did a quick search for the video but didn't see it. Only draw back with his setup was you have to find a place to store the tote when not in use.