cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting it sealed

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
After resealing this seam with Proflex and a couple hundred mile round trip, the seam reopened. Temp fix with some window flash seal tape. Going to try some Eternabond on this problem joint. Hopefully it can handle the flex happening at this location.
trailer (1 of 2) by gwh1bass2000, on Flickr

Also time for some new compressible seal at all the bunks. Mine is all but disintegrated. Pliable it isn't anymore. So far have only found black, but that would be OK.
trailer (2 of 2) by gwh1bass2000, on Flickr
3 REPLIES 3

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
Well anyone ever replaced bunk seals???

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Bad place for a patch. It is going to look like******when your finished. Why not attack the problem and fix it right the first time. Remove the trim and start investigating why so much movement.

I agree 100%, but I have no chance to tear into it until after July 4 and we need it for baseball tournaments in the meantime and I don't want to leave it exposed. Probably making more work for myself in the long run, but need a temporary fix.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Bad place for a patch. It is going to look like******when your finished. Why not attack the problem and fix it right the first time. Remove the trim and start investigating why so much movement.