cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GM announces their Electric Silverado half ton.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
51 REPLIES 51

Mmwtdh
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
TurnThePage wrote:
Reisender wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
I wish they would give a realistic range when being used as a truck. I'm guessing 400 miles is empty, no trailer, no tool boxes or ladder racks to mess up the aerodynamics, not in four wheel drive off road, and no heat, AC, lights, wipers, defroster, etc. being used.
What's the range when loaded with 1,500 pounds of tools and supplies while towing a skid loader on a trailer at night in a snow storm. That's how I seem to end up using my trucks.

Do they do that with gas half tons?

Do they need to? Isn't there a gas station virtually everywhere?

Sure. But thatโ€™s just infrastructure. And thatโ€™s just a matter of time. Getting pretty good in the places where we travel. And Iโ€™m willing to bet there will be a lot less gas stations in 10 years than there is right now.

Jmho.

Now it takes me about 5 minutes to add another 400 miles of range. I'm not sure electric will be there in my lifetime....

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
TurnThePage wrote:
Reisender wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
I wish they would give a realistic range when being used as a truck. I'm guessing 400 miles is empty, no trailer, no tool boxes or ladder racks to mess up the aerodynamics, not in four wheel drive off road, and no heat, AC, lights, wipers, defroster, etc. being used.
What's the range when loaded with 1,500 pounds of tools and supplies while towing a skid loader on a trailer at night in a snow storm. That's how I seem to end up using my trucks.

Sure. But thatโ€™s just infrastructure. And thatโ€™s just a matter of time. Getting pretty good in the places where we travel. And Iโ€™m willing to bet there will be a lot less gas stations in 10 years than there is right now.

Jmho.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:

2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
KD4UPL wrote:

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Unless someone invents trees that produce electricity when you're far away from charging stations, it will never be for me.