cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design after sale warranty treatment

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an Imagine 2600RB last september, 13 months ago, thrilled with the trailer. Life got in the way, we were only able to use it twice in the following year, this last trip I thought I had a bent axle, as the trailer didn't sit level or look right, a quick stop at the dealer we bought it from determined no bent axle, so we continued on, total mileage around 3000 kilometers, (2000 miles)and after much measuring, found a spring flattening out, which led to the spring beside it flattening as well. Apparently, an issue with Dexter axles and springs, and not uncommon.
An email to Grand Design resulted in a request from them to contact Dexter, which I did, and the results were less than satisfactory, them asking me to fill out the warranty form as the spring was only warranted for a year, and I was a month over, and....they wanted me to ship the spring so they could examine it before issuing a replacement. I live in a small town in British Columbia, got any idea what that would cost me? Yeah, right, like thats gonna happen.
So, another email to Grand Design, talked to the same VERY nice woman, VERY helpful, who tells me what she thinks of Dexters policy, and tells me four new springs and hardware will be sent to the dealer nearest me, and I could install them, I run a hot rod shop, so she would trust me to install them as per their specifications. Just like that, no hassle, no problems, she says, send her pics of the damage and Grand Design would ensure I was taken care of.
As a result, they've earned a customer for life, and my son has completed a deal on the same unit as a result of their actions.
No, I don't work for them. Its a genuine relief to deal with companies that stand behind their products.
7 REPLIES 7

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, great news and very happy for you.

With all the crappy responses and run-arounds many get, it's nice to see a manufacturer step up and make good on their product.

This is what integrity and service looks like. Others who are not of this cloth, please take note.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Nice post. I enjoy reading positive things.

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
36guy wrote:
We bought an Imagine 2600RB last september, 13 months ago, thrilled with the trailer. Life got in the way, we were only able to use it twice in the following year, this last trip I thought I had a bent axle, as the trailer didn't sit level or look right, a quick stop at the dealer we bought it from determined no bent axle, so we continued on, total mileage around 3000 kilometers, (2000 miles)and after much measuring, found a spring flattening out, which led to the spring beside it flattening as well. Apparently, an issue with Dexter axles and springs, and not uncommon.
An email to Grand Design resulted in a request from them to contact Dexter, which I did, and the results were less than satisfactory, them asking me to fill out the warranty form as the spring was only warranted for a year, and I was a month over, and....they wanted me to ship the spring so they could examine it before issuing a replacement. I live in a small town in British Columbia, got any idea what that would cost me? Yeah, right, like thats gonna happen.
So, another email to Grand Design, talked to the same VERY nice woman, VERY helpful, who tells me what she thinks of Dexters policy, and tells me four new springs and hardware will be sent to the dealer nearest me, and I could install them, I run a hot rod shop, so she would trust me to install them as per their specifications. Just like that, no hassle, no problems, she says, send her pics of the damage and Grand Design would ensure I was taken care of.
As a result, they've earned a customer for life, and my son has completed a deal on the same unit as a result of their actions.
No, I don't work for them. Its a genuine relief to deal with companies that stand behind their products.

That is great news. Glad to hear Grand Design stood behind their product. One of the reasons I bought one about a year ago. I had trouble with the cable TV not working and traced it to the antenna amplifier. Went to the local dealer and they could not help me. Wanted to charge me a service fee. A 5 minute call, not even any waiting on hold, and Grand Design is sending me a new one. No hassles or anything. Very nice to deal with.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Send a pm to the Moderator of this forum - Admin The notify moderator links don't work.

To post in different forums, simply select the appropriate one from the drop down list top right. Don't double post this - it's frowned upon. Just ask Admin to move it.

I received similar service on my GD fifth wheel after the warranty expired. They do treat their customers well.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
I would, but don't know how....

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps if you posted in the Travel Trailers forum more folks would know about it.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE