cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Graphics replacement

LITEPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced their graphics on their trailer? I have an 2002 Sandpiper by Forest River and would like to replace the graphics. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley
10 REPLIES 10

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
corvettekent wrote:
We (wife and I) used the 3M eraser wheel with no burned gelcoat. It worked great for us.
You do know the difference between aluminum with paint and fiberglass?

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
LITEPHIL wrote:
Has anyone replaced their graphics on their trailer? I have an 2002 Sandpiper by Forest River and would like to replace the graphics. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Since you are in AZ, I would suggest contacting Master Graphics in Lake Havasu. He removed and replaced all of the graphics on our 40 footer. His graphics are all done on a computer so he can match the factory graphics or design them any way you want.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We (wife and I) used the 3M eraser wheel with no burned gelcoat. It worked great for us.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
You can find replacement graphics on ebay as well. Good advice except 3M eraser wheel will burn through paint on a aluminum sided trailer. Works fine for filon siding. I repainted the front cap after doing so.

Although I ordered new graphics I will wait to put them on before I sell the TT. I'm not going through this again.

LITEPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. Sounds like a big job. Going to have to think about this one.
2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced the decals on the front and rear of my 5er several years ago. Some came off relatively easy with heat gun and plastic scraper. Some of the worse ones would not. I ended up using a 3M eraser wheel. That worked well.

On another forum I frequent someone was trying to sell his 5er that he had removed all the decals. Large, white, and very plain looking. No eye appeal at all. No reasonable offer so he very generously gave it away to a person in need. Donโ€™t know if the lack of decals affected the sale or not.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We removed our decals and did not replace them. I like the looks of it now that it is naked.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for exact replacements they are usually hard to find. Here is a LINK to the company I used for replacements for my Cougar. Somewhat pricey but good quality. They also sell the glue remover (Rapid Remover) you will need after removing the graphics.

I removed ten-year old graphics using a hairdryer on low heat with a plastic scraper. I found a heat gun was too hot. After I got a section started, I would gently remove the graphic with one hand as I applied heat just ahead of where the graphic was releasing. But where they were more brittle they would come off in bits.

I then polished the whole camper with Meguiar's 105 compound to remove the oxidation. This was on fiberglass gelcoat. You will be left with ghost images where the old graphics were so if you put the same ones back on you will easily tell where they go.

I will tell you it is quite a bit of hard work but the results were very satisfying.

Click For Full-Size Image.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I did mine probably 2 years ago. I agree on the heat gun and plastic scraper. If you are planing on replacing the decals like for like then take good clear pictures of the graphics now. Make sure you get the full side of the RV in the picture. This will help you to put the new stickers in the correct places.

Next go take the old stickers off now. Once they start cracking they will become very difficult to remove in one piece. It takes a bit of practice. But once you figure out how hot to make the decal they should come off easily.

And last bit of advice. If your trailer is corrugated aluminum and not flat sided pay a professional to install the new one. It's difficult to wrap the stickers over the breaks in the sides. Let someone with some experience do it for you and you'll be a lot happier.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heat gun and a plastic scraper.......and elbow grease.