cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Water not empty, only 1 gate valve

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
2007 six-pac D650 cabover, do you have any information regarding the 38 gal gray water tank, I have only one gate valve for the black water holding tank, the gray water tank does not have a separate gate valve and the g/w electronic indicator still registers full. Not sure if tank is empty after dumping? Do you have similar problem?
27 REPLIES 27

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's a D650, meaning 6.5' floor. The camper is TINY, yet it has a full bathroom, so as you can imagine things are pretty cramped.

Where on earth would you fit TWO 38 gallon waste tanks?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Bradymydog
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that the reason you have 3 tank level indicators, a black, grey and fresh, is because that is the normal off the shelf unit. I would imagine that somewhere there is a jumper between the sensor and the panel B & G so that it would appear all indicators are working. If you took delivery of a new unit and only the black indicator lites up and not the grey you'd complain the grey wasn't working. Easy way for the mfg to continue the deceptive marketing as depicted in the manual.

Glad you solved the issue, now you can take a shower without the foot bath:)

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, a couple of you were correct and brilliant! Thanks.

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut was right, there is only 1 tank for both grey and black. (bummer for me) Here's what I found, the grey water 1 1/2" line was blocked just past the shower drain. I snaked down from the vent on top (was plugged due to previous owner not replacing the vent cover and leaves and debris blocked the line) I did install a new vent cover when I acquired the camper. I flushed the line thoroughly with pressure and found pieced of white plastic, (old broken vent cover??) leaves, dirt in the flush water. Everything drains well now. Strange that the indicator Tank 1 and Tank 2 both show empty now??? Thanks for the help.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Open the known valve and turn on the shower. Does water come out?

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty Boots wrote:
Still baffled over 1 gate valve.
I think the people here answered it already? You do have 2 tanks.

1 fresh water
1 black/grey

There should be a large gate valve to dump the black/grey.
Then there should be a smaller valve somewhere to dump your fresh water.

Having the 3 indicators for fresh, grey, and black is probably just because its part of the display panel. THey use the same display for models that have separate black and grey tanks is my guess.

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the thoughts...Haven't had time to test all the theories, I will try tomorrow and post the results. Yes there are 3 electronic tank indicators Fresh water, grey water and black water. Still baffled over 1 gate valve. I'm not ready to pull up the floor to check the tanks. I did shine a flashlight into the empty 3" drain, nothing I could see, I will do the same again with a telescoping mirror. Crappy job!

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would not trust the sensor readings as gospel.. If you open the valve and nothing comes out, it's gotta be empty?

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
If there is TC who can have total of 116 gallons tanks capacity, I sure would love to see pictures.
My little AF 860 has 111gal combined.
What are you talking about anyway?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

32_Chev
Explorer
Explorer
my Okanagan 116 ULT has a 63 gallon fresh water tank an a45 gallon grey water tank and a separate 45 gallon black water tank for a total of 153 gallons plus the hot water tank.
2007 dodge Ram 3500 Drw 6.7 Cummins,6 speed auto, exhaust brake, Okanagan 116,Air, Onan genset, accumulator tank, fastguns, too much fun stuff.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
If there is TC who can have total of 116 gallons tanks capacity, I sure would love to see pictures.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
A lot of sites list the Sixpac grey and black tank capacities as 38 gallon for each-however its the same tank.

Why there is a separate monitor for 2 waste tanks puzzling-unless they are measuring also same tank, one stuck? Cant imagine though 2 sets of sensors (what usually fouls) on same tank. Could mark, switch leads on monitor see if it changes, if it doesnt change monitor suspect, if it does change not sure what that would tell, your still at square 1.

If there was some kind of one way valve on grey line it could be stuck- but capacity would be severely limited as only be between in pipe?
Never heard of one, sounds like a good idea.

But simplest, Id also empty tank, pour measured amount down grey see if it comes out.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Manufacturer: Six-Pac Campers;
Freshwater capacity: 40 gal
Std. window covering(s): Pleated shades
Gray-water capacity: 38 gal
Stove: 2 burners
Waste-water capacity: 38 gal
Oven: N/A
Water-heater capacity: Std 6
This description makes it sound like Grey and Black are separate.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty Boots wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, information about the grey water waste is not in my owners manual or the single valve operation procedure. Just states 2 - 38 gal holding tanks. The electronic g/w tank indicator may be faulty but, the tank does not seem to have the 38 gal capacity as indicated. (floor drain in shower overflows)

From the manual you do have 2 tanks . One is black/gray waste tank , the second is the fresh water tank . You don’t have separate black and gray tanks .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed