cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put my order in the day the order bank opened on March 15th.

Lot of research put into making sure I get exactly what I wanted, and put the order in as soon as practical, because I have a new 5th wheel due roughly around Sept 1st, and need to be able to tow it.

Not exactly sure who did what, but my retail order was converted to dealer stock and the priority code along with order date were reset to 5/24, and then again to 6/5 when I found the issue. Looking harder at it today, I noticed the color on the truck was also changed. Not sure what else.

I don't expect the salesman to actually tell me the truth, but I'm not a happy camper. Ford marketing phone answerer had no idea how this was changed, dealer salesman feigned innocence. I have my doubts about the dealership that I have previously done business with. My conspiracy laden brain, someone in the dealership wanted to take advantage of my early order for their own purposes.

Tomorrow I'll start escalating in the dealership, as this is BS.
53 REPLIES 53

blt2ski
Bye bye!
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Geo*Boy wrote:
Start another thread if you guys want to argue about REALTORS!
Better yet, Take it somewhere else!!! We don't care!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would y'all please move this discussion over to PRIVATE MESSAGES?

The rest of us would appreciate that.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I love single agent transactions, personally and when that works out and the agent can be a dual agent (buyer and seller agent), it's advantageous to me the buyer, as I can typically negotiate about 20% off the commission, keeping more money in my pocket.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Huntindog wrote:
If people say something long enough and loud enough, a lot of people will believe it to be true.

Well, that's you, and whoever you're listening to.
Is this what happens when you get on up there, the whole world is lying and "you" are the only one who knows the truth?

You are right about 1 thing, typically the seller pays the realtors fees for both agents (assuming separate buyers and sellers agents).
But typically, the real estate agreement splits the commission between the 2 agents.
You should go to the local news with your conspiracy theory discovery!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
rexlion wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."
You do realize that a realtor doesn't work for the buyer right?
They work for the seller who pays themfrom the sale proceeds, and signed a contract with them, before any buyer is even on the scene.

You need to educate yourself. Have you ever heard of a "buyer's agent"? A Realtor can act in a capacity for a buyer OR a seller. As a buyer's agent, the Realtor represents the buyer's interests exclusively.

There, your lesson for the day. You're welcome:C
I am aware that can happen..... but it is rare.
The reason it is rare is that the buyer would have to pay the realtor a fee upfront... (they like to get paid you know.) And since normal people do not have that kind of coin .. It usually happens with ultra high end properties where everyone has a lot of money.

Where in the WORLD are you getting your information??? A buyer does NOT pay a buyer's agent anything up front. When I am representing the buyer, acting as a buyer's agent, a sale doesn't always result. Same as if I'm an agent for the seller. Not EVERY house sells, and not EVERY 'buyer' buys. And, believe it or not, we work solely on commission when a sale is closed -- nothing 'up front' --- EVER. You should research this, and maybe even call a Realtor and ask how a buyer's agent relationship works, if you don't believe me. You will definitely be surprised, because the information you think is true definitely is not. Remember, I AM a Realtor, so I kind of know what's going on, and I speak with some authority.
If people say something long enough and loud enough, a lot of people will believe it to be true.
I believe in following the money trail. It never lies.
The money comes from the seller. The seller has a signed contractual agreement with his realtor.
Do you have such a contract with the buyers you supposedly represent? If so, what does it state?
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If it's on purpose your best course of action is to enforce the contract. Make them make good. It will cost them money. They have a line of people waiting for trucks who will pay thousands more than retail just to get one, and it's in THEIR interest for you to walk away.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
Man, that really sucks. Im with you that the GM is obviously clueless. Of all people, he should clearly understand how the process works and what would happen if he did what he did. Makes me wonder if he did it on purpose, hoping/thinking you'll either back out, or buy something different.

Mike

That definitely crossed my mind, but they put together a consistent story that leads me to believe he's a post turtle.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Man, that really sucks. Im with you that the GM is obviously clueless. Of all people, he should clearly understand how the process works and what would happen if he did what he did. Makes me wonder if he did it on purpose, hoping/thinking you'll either back out, or buy something different.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
That said - where were we on this whole Ford 2022 SD discussion?

Mike

I'm still disturbed that the General Manager is that clueless that he took it upon himself to change my order type without even talking to me first. At this point, it's a waiting game to see when my truck will be scheduled.

To make matter worse, my 5er is rolling off the line mid July, which is even earlier. I should know by that time when my truck is scheduled to be built.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
rexlion wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."
They work for the seller who pays themfrom the sale proceeds, and signed a contract with them, before any buyer is even on the scene.

You need to educate yourself. Have you ever heard of a "buyer's agent"? A Realtor can act in a capacity for a buyer OR a seller. As a buyer's agent, the Realtor represents the buyer's interests exclusively.

The reason it is rare is that the buyer would have to pay the realtor a fee upfront... (they like to get paid you know.) And since normal people do not have that kind of coin .. It usually happens with ultra high end properties where everyone has a lot of money.

Where in the WORLD are you getting your information??? A buyer does NOT pay a buyer's agent anything up front. When I am representing the buyer, acting as a buyer's agent, a sale doesn't always result. Same as if I'm an agent for the seller. Not EVERY house sells, and not EVERY 'buyer' buys. And, believe it or not, we work solely on commission when a sale is closed -- nothing 'up front' --- EVER. You should research this, and maybe even call a Realtor and ask how a buyer's agent relationship works, if you don't believe me. You will definitely be surprised, because the information you think is true definitely is not. Remember, I AM a Realtor, so I kind of know what's going on, and I speak with some authority.

A1A realtor is right.

Seller realtors don't particularly like a buyer to have a realtor, because they have to split the commission with the buyer realtor. Otherwise, seller realtor gets to keep the full 6%. So, seller realtor is totally interested in nothing more than (a) selling at highest price possible to make seller happy and make more money and (b) convincing buyer he/she does not need a realtor.

Buyer realtor, on other hand, works for the buyer and are legally bound to help the buyer. Buyer agent gets paid after the sale, and buyer pays zilch. Buyer realtor splits the 6% commission that the seller pays to complete the sale.

I know that, and Im NOT a realtor.

Although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a time or two.

That said - where were we on this whole Ford 2022 SD discussion?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wow, is all I can say....A1A, it's like you're talking to a group of kindergartners here.
Beachfront Avenue!!!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
rexlion wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
curt12914 wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
rexlion wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:

... for a price !

No, that's not how it works. When I act as a buyer's agent, the buyer pays me NOTHING. When the sale is made, I get paid at closing as the buyer's agent, typically half of the total commission -- half goes to the seller's agent and half to the buyer's agent -- the total commission amount being paid by the seller.

Whew, I'm doing a lot of educating today. I'm tired! :B
If you only get paid from the seller if your buyer buys.... You are not a true buyers agent. It is impossible to be if your focus has to be on making the sale.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW