cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H L quality?

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the word “quality” with hesitation whe talking about an RV, but, any opinions out there about the H L line of destination trailers especially the Hyline models?
chartrue2@aol.com
6 REPLIES 6

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
In looking at their website it looks like the Harbor View is designed for handicap access. This may not be what the OP is looking for, but it's good to know that something exists possibly for future posters.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Manufacturer of Hy-Line trailers.

I believe this may be the company you are looking for.

They do make a line of travel trailers that are designed for handicap access. From what I see, their travel trailers seem to be entry level or slightly better quality. They're not very good at giving construction/material specifics. I'd certainly be very cautious and really check their products very thoroughly before purchasing....especially roof construction and potential problems related to water intrusion.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of them or seen one. Looking at the website they look no different than anyone else's offerings such as one of Forest River or Thor companies. Lots of 1/8 vinyl faced luan for wall surfaces and vinyl wrapped MDF trim.Pleather upholstery. The same cheap furniture, appliances and electonics used by everyone else. Lots of Lippert components. Made in Elkhart Indiana. Whats different?

Is there something you have heard that they are somehow better quality or workmanship than the competition?
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Bob—may I suggest you Google it??
chartrue2@aol.com

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I also have never heard of H L
Bob

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I have never heard of H L, but I can tell you they are no better and no worse than all the others. Many of them come out of the assembly fine, then there are a few that get really screwed up.

They are located in Elkhart Indiana just like most of the other manufacturers. To me this means they have a limited pool of workers to pick from hence the RV
s will have the same quality. Really the parts are all the same in all the RV's with the only difference being the outer shell. If you like the look of the trailer all you can do is go look it over with a very critical eye. Probably the best thing you can do is go to the dealer when it's raining and stand inside checking all the corners and under the windows for any sign of leakage.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup