cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HAPPIJAC Wireless Remote Problem

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
I am having an issue with my HappiJac wireless remote. The green light will not go off and if the main board has power to it all 4 jacks start to raise the camper. Only way to stop this is to pull the batteries in the remote or unplug the power from the main board. If the batteries are out of the remote overnight and I put them back in the morning the remote will turn on and off ok and the jacks work ok for maybe an hour. Then after an hour or so if I go to turn on the remote....same problem. Light will not go off and all 4 jacks lift untill I unplug the board or take the batteries out. Any ideas?
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison
17 REPLIES 17

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
mbloof wrote:
JerBear wrote:
mbloof wrote:
Earlier this year mine was acting up and finally stopped working all together. I found a source for both the remote and controller for ~$200 shipped, bought both and only used the new remote. (figured that with my luck it would be whatever I did NOT buy)

Moral of story: If all else fails, replace it.

Did the new remote work ok with your old controller? Didn't you have to sync the two?

After a cryptic button sequence on the remote - all worked fine. You have to "sync" the remote with the controller.

Now I have a functional remote and a extra controller PCB just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think just the remote is ~$100-145, expensive for sure but like anything else, cheaper online vs getting replacement parts via the local RV shop.

Maybe you can PM me where you purchased your remote and controler?
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
JerBear wrote:
mbloof wrote:
Earlier this year mine was acting up and finally stopped working all together. I found a source for both the remote and controller for ~$200 shipped, bought both and only used the new remote. (figured that with my luck it would be whatever I did NOT buy)

Did the new remote work ok with your old controller? Didn't you have to sync the two?

After a cryptic button sequence on the remote - all worked fine. You have to "sync" the remote with the controller.

Now I have a functional remote and a extra controller PCB just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think just the remote is ~$100-145, expensive for sure but like anything else, cheaper online vs getting replacement parts via the local RV shop.

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
mbloof wrote:

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
When you post that it needs to be "paired" it suggests that the remote is Bluetooth technology.
If so, perhaps it is pairing with another device.

I would suggest making sure that all other Bluetooth devices are off and try again.

I used "paired" because that is how HappiJac refer to it. My truck does not have Bluetooth technology. But thanks for responding.
JerBear

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
woodhog wrote:
Ok Jer, good luck with the problem..

Thanks Woodhog

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you post that it needs to be "paired" it suggests that the remote is Bluetooth technology.
If so, perhaps it is pairing with another device.

I would suggest making sure that all other Bluetooth devices are off and try again.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Jer, good luck with the problem..
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
woodhog wrote:
I could meet you in Bridgewater and loan you our remote unit and
cord if it is any help.

That way you could isolate the fault to the camper board or the remote.

The unit is around the 2006 vintage.

Thanks Woodhog....but your remote would not work. The remote has to be paired with the main board in my camper.
JerBear

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
I could meet you in Bridgewater and loan you our remote unit and
cord if it is any help.

That way you could isolate the fault to the camper board or the remote.

The unit is around the 2006 vintage.
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Z-Peller wrote:
Have you tried using the remote with supplied cord plugged directly
into unit box inst
ead of wireless? Would be interesting to see what it does.

Just tried that...same problem!

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried using the remote with supplied cord plugged directly
into unit box instead of wireless? Would be interesting to see what it does.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Yeti plus wrote:
Sounds like the remote may have moisture in it. Take out the batteries and put the remote in a Ziplock bag and add some rice. Let sit for acouple of days and see what happens.
Try changing the batteries in the remote. Put new batteries in. We have had some odd things happen with television remotes and computer mice with batteries that tested good but worked fine with new batteries.
Brian

Have tried new batteries already. Will try the ziplock and rice trick. Worth a try. Pulled the batteties out if it yesterday when it would not turn off. Put them in this morning and for now it is working. But I am sure after an hour or so will not be able to turn off remote.

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Try changing the batteries in the remote. Put new batteries in. We have had some odd things happen with television remotes and computer mice with batteries that tested good but worked fine with new batteries.
Brian

As said above....put new batteries in remote.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...