cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Difficulty Finding Replacement Roof Vent Covers

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, We have a 2011 Jayco TT. The two roof vent covers, one over the bedroom and one over the rear kitchen, are brittle from age and were damaged by a recent hail storm, so need to be replaced.

I have been shopping on the internet -- Amazon, Ebay, and also several RV parts suppliers, but so far have not found a match to the type of vent covers our Jayco has. Everything I have found has had a different style hinge mechanism, plus the connection of the control arm to the vent cover is different. Jayco produces a lot of RV's, so I would be rather surprised if they installed vents that were rare.

I really don't want to replace the entire vents, just the vent covers. I am posting two pics below. The first pic is of the hinge, which is that the plastic cover seems to just snap onto a round mental piece in the base. The other pic shows the control arm and how it connects to the inside of the vent cover where it slides along the white plastic part on the vent cover as the vent is opened or closed.

Does anyone know where to find replacement vent covers of this style? The inside measurement of the vent covers is 14" x 14". Thanks in advance for any information!

7 REPLIES 7

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your helpful responses. I did order two Maxxair vent covers, so once the Ventline replacement covers arrive and I install them, I will install the Maxxair covers.

And thanks much for the suggestion about the vent gaskets and the links. I think I will order those and replace as well.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently replaced 3 just like yours. It was impossible for me to reinstall the metal clips in the center. I eventually gave up and left them off.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Or, you could have taken one of the broken covers off and taken it to your local dealer where they would have simply matched it and sell you the correct cover..

That is what I did when a new cover was needed.

After I bought it, I did lookup the cover online, found that what the dealer sold it to me for was the same as what it cost online minus the shipping..

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to agree with enblethen,using this guide it seems to be the one,showing the outside and inside of vent lid.

If you haven't done this before Here is a short video that will help you.

You may need a new seal that goes on the metal edge this will make it a tight seal This is what you need

Replace like this

Also Maxxair covers are a great thing to have to make the vent lids last a lot longer,I replaced all my vent lids then covered them with the Maxxair covers 10 years ago and they are like new today.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to both of you for your prompt and helpful responses. Much appreciated! I believe mine are the Ventline covers, so I just ordered two of them.

Once I get those and get them installed, I will definitely consider putting Maxxair or Camco vent covers over those. Great suggestion!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like new style of Ventline
Better photos
If you do not have covers, I would suggext them. They stand up to weather better then most lids!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance Jayco could identify them using the VIN?
Once replaced I would recommend Maxxair or other covers over the covers. Keeps the sun off and allows the small covers to be open in the rain and/or underway.
I just checked a very old RV parts catalog and found Vent Mate lids that look a lot like yours. Try Ventmate-products.com
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)