cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Here we go again, chip shortages

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently Ford is slowing or shutting production at some plants.
Ford
Just a heads up for those looking at new orders.
28 REPLIES 28

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a new truck Last month and its looking like a June Build.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Help me out here. If I want to get a new truck in a year or two it looks like I should order it now. So if I order now can I order a new 2023 or 2024? Or am I forced to order a 2022 that will be two years old as far as book value goes when it gets delivered?

ordered my truck early of sept 21. they converted the order over to a 22 model year this past Nov. pricing stayed the same. I received noticed that the truck was built last week, I may be receiving more rebates but to be determined

Mike

Did you get your truck?

My last email from Ford said around mid March

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Help me out here. If I want to get a new truck in a year or two it looks like I should order it now. So if I order now can I order a new 2023 or 2024? Or am I forced to order a 2022 that will be two years old as far as book value goes when it gets delivered?

ordered my truck early of sept 21. they converted the order over to a 22 model year this past Nov. pricing stayed the same. I received noticed that the truck was built last week, I may be receiving more rebates but to be determined

Mike

Did you get your truck?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:

That's a plus in most scenarios. But would be a detriment if someone was intent on a particular model year for a particular reason. IE getting the "last" of a good model before some questionable changes...

Yep, the 2022 F150 deleted likable feature of the 2021 F150.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mdcamping wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:

Mike

That's a plus in most scenarios. But would be a detriment if someone was intent on a particular model year for a particular reason. IE getting the "last" of a good model before some questionable changes...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Well MeAgain everyone but you know that Tesla and Elon Musk are very different in a positive way from rest of corporate America and including the other auto manufacturers.

Seems that you did not read what I posted about Tesla!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Maybe they're making more money by building/selling fewer vehicles at higher prices? ๐Ÿ™‚

Very well said. Phony excuses given for the so-called supply chain crisis and chip shortage. We know who

Unless all the major manufacturers are in collusion, not likely. Someone would jump at the chance to eat up market share increasing profits thru volume over margin.

And if they want to go into collusion, much simpler to quietly eliminate/reduce discounts and rebates.

PS: Tesla is making a fraction of the vehicles the big boys are making and they are playing in the high end of the market, so paying an extra couple hundred to source chips from a limited market is easily justifiable.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well MeAgain everyone but you know that Tesla and Elon Musk are very different in a positive way from rest of corporate America and including the other auto manufacturers. He truly is his own man and not a political w

Unlike others he makes good use of his generous tax subsidies for benefit of his consumers. Three cheers to Elon and I don't even own an EV.

I will not be viewing any more comments. Gooday all.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Well godsucks10. The chip shortage is not fake, but deliberate man made by politicians and foreign countries just like the inflation driven shortages of the 70s. Excuses given for energy price increases were lies then and now it is to assist foreign nations. The big lie in the 70s was the world is running out of oil and gas and will be gone in 30 years.

If that was true, then Tesla would not have been able to almost double their sales in 2021. Read my post above.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, we can begin with just in time stock of needed components and the use of vendors to provide the programming of computer modules.

Tesla does all this in house and almost double sales in 2021. The big three are scabbling to bring this function back in house. Day late and a dollar short.

Part of the blame goes back to the late 80's and 90's when companies were sending employee out to colleges for MBA degrees. Saw this happening at the bank in spades back then.

Trying to make money on paper does not work in the long run!

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Be careful NamVet--Moderator deleted my post pointing to the real reason. To political I guess

Thanks Bro. I will watch my six.