cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Nice setup Steven.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

AlbaTiVo
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I have posted a picture of the trailer with the new TV since we got it...

Steven
2009 KZ Spree 210KS
2008 Nissan Armada LE 5.6L V8/3.36 Rear Axle
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors

Road_Ruler
Explorer
Explorer
1973, 23' Airstream.

indianadan
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our new "used" addition to the family.

turbofamily
Explorer
Explorer
FlightCrew...very nice, great combo!!! Would love to see inside pics of the TT!!
2011 Jayflight 24FBS
2008 Ford F-150
Steve
Beth Ann
Tinkerbell-the spoiled Yorkie

FlightCrew
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the new rig, finally together.

I took the trailer in for little warranty items in early April, a couple of days later bought this F150. 6+ weeks later I finally picked up the trailer and the dealer adjusted the hitch and swapped brake controllers.

The reason the work took so long was mainly because of the microwave. It was getting condensation in the door glass, meaning it wasn't sealed properly. They duplicated it and said it should be replaced. The replacement unit didn't work, and then Rockwood decided to completely replace this brand (Hamilton?) with Magic Chef, which took at least 3 weeks to arrive.

On the upside, while it was sitting there I had them reroute the water line to the bottom of the fresh water tank (I had written previously how the bottom 1/3rd was wasted and not sucked into the pump), which they did a great job - at no expense!

On the downside, the heated mattress was replaced due to the door under it tearing the bottom (sharp edges). They didn't soften those edges much and it ripped on the first time it was raised and lowered - right at the dealer! Another mattress on the way, and this time they put in foam sticky tape at least.
Landed our airplane in 49 states, now time to RV them all
2011 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2502C
2006 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
I want one as well! That's a great setup.

scaredsilly wrote:
502_Jimmy wrote:
Mike E. wrote:
Want to know where he got the A-framed reciever hitch assembly on the front of that Lacrosse. Very interesting!

Mike

I built that myself. It was made from necessity. Bad mojo is heard about the hitch on the bumper, and I did not want to add more length to the tow vehicle, so I made this one.

I also did not want to void the frame warranty. It is not bolted through or welded to the frame at all. There are two 3/8" plates, one at the top and the bottom, with four 1/2" grade 8 bolts per side. It sandwiches the TT frame. The "receiver" frame itself is made from 3"x3"x3/16" tubing. My friends call it my motorcycle rack.

It works great. I even had an engineer friend stamp and seal my drawing before I made it. I can see the bikes in the mirror and there is no bouncing at all.

The bike rack itself is a Hollywood Racks 4 bike hitch rack.

Here is another picture of it.
John

That is awesome. I want one. :C
2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter

mtkbuckeye
Explorer
Explorer
FerrickFamily wrote:
502_Jimmy wrote:
Mike E. wrote:
Want to know where he got the A-framed reciever hitch assembly on the front of that Lacrosse. Very interesting!

Mike

I built that myself. It was made from necessity. Bad mojo is heard about the hitch on the bumper, and I did not want to add more length to the tow vehicle, so I made this one.

I also did not want to void the frame warranty. It is not bolted through or welded to the frame at all. There are two 3/8" plates, one at the top and the bottom, with four 1/2" grade 8 bolts per side. It sandwiches the TT frame. The "receiver" frame itself is made from 3"x3"x3/16" tubing. My friends call it my motorcycle rack.

It works great. I even had an engineer friend stamp and seal my drawing before I made it. I can see the bikes in the mirror and there is no bouncing at all.

John

Build one for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Great idea and great job.

You could make some serious money with that idea!! I want to say "NICE RACK!" ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Salem
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L 4x4 Diesel

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer
502_Jimmy wrote:
Mike E. wrote:

Mike

John

Build one for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Great idea and great job.
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS

Aughra
Explorer
Explorer
That is a really neat bike rack.

502_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
scaredsilly wrote:

Thanks for the compliments! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am humbled..:)

John

scaredsilly
Explorer
Explorer
502_Jimmy wrote:
Mike E. wrote:

Mike

John

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 gears :S
2008 Trail Criuser C191 Hybrid
2002 Coleman Sedona popup (sold to family)

502_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E. wrote:

Mike

John

Bonnie_Abbzug
Explorer
Explorer
Those are some nice campers!! I love the outdoor kitchen on the Lacrosse!
2004 Fleetwood Pioneer 18T
2000 Ford E350 7.3 Turbo Diesel
2008 Yamaha WR250R

FerrickFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E. wrote:

Mike

I was curious about that as well.
2011 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS