cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Homemade JT Strongarms style stabilizer?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever tried to make a homemade JT Strongarms style stabilizer out of wood or maybe angle iron? I along with others have made the homemade x chocks from wood and they work quite well. Just wondering and if so, how? Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
There's a tutorial here on posting pics just do a search for posting pics
If you'd rather you can email them to me and I'll post them
Just message me and I'll send the address
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I tried a private message and attaching pictures happens the same way and I can't do it. If someone could tell me how to find and enter a URL on a mac that would be great.
Brian

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
Well I tried to post pictures and failed. I will try to send them another way.
Brian

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer

dfoxhoven
Explorer
Explorer
I have not made these yet, but found these instructions and they sound simple and fairly inexpensive:

http://www.instructables.com/id/RV-Stabilizer-Rods/
'13 Coachmen 310bhds
2005 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L SuperDuty
Daryl
Bri
Kaisen
Keelyn
Cabela and Tucker (Dogs)

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
samandtheduck wrote:
I will be at the trailer this weekend and will get some pictures. Have never posted pictures before but I will try to get them on.
Brian

Brian if you can't get them on send them to me
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
Following. I've been thinking about trying to make a set as well
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I will be at the trailer this weekend and will get some pictures. Have never posted pictures before but I will try to get them on.
Brian

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Would you post some pictures?
Thanks,Mike

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I made a set similar to Bird Freak. I used 1/2" electrical conduit with 1/2" rod inside. Welded ends onto the rod and conduit and fastened it to the top of the leg on one side and the bottom of the other leg. Drilled a hole in the conduit and welded a nut on it to tighten a bolt to hold rod in place. Works great.
Brian

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made a set a few years ago for mine but not from wood or angle iron. I used pipe and a steel rod to slide in the pipe. Welded nuts to pipe so a bolt would lock it down when extended. attached to legs and center with hiem joints.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Someone has but I can't find the post
Bandwidth is limited here