cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot water heater logic board help

rutzbeck
Explorer
Explorer
So my hot water heater stopped working and I tracked that problem down to the logic board. I got a new one, when out to put it in and they had changed the way the wiring harness was attached to the new one. Order the new attachment and they didn't send any directions. It is an Atwood Dominic model G6A-8E. The old one has two outside wires and two middle wires and I expect that is the way it should be on the new one but I can't find that anywhere. Has anyone upgraded to the newer connection and can you either send a picture of it or tell me how to do it.
I have a picture of the only one and can get one for the new one but have no idea how to attach pictures. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

rutzbeck
Explorer
Explorer
So easy when you know what you are doing which I don't. The hot water heater in the Big Foot is original. So it is 21 years old. I am just hoping this fixes it. I also got a new ignitor.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The original igniter board on my WH was about 18 years old when I replaced it.

Iโ€™ve had a Dinosaur board on my fridge for about 15 years, and I had to replace it a couple years ago too. I agree Dinosaur Electronics is a better quality than OEM though. My fridge works better with the Dinosaur control board than it did with Dometicโ€™s.

Just never say never. :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
The OEM boards are cheap junk assembled from cheap components. That's why they go bad. Replace with Dinosaur board and never replace it again.

Dinosaur Electronics

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I misunderstood. You already have the adapter, so youโ€™re good to go.

As Old Biscuit said, plug the adapter onto the pins on the new board. Then plug the old wiring plug onto the adapter. No wires need to be removed.

Itโ€™ll look like this when itโ€™s all connected. I had to replace mine a few years ago.

And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

rutzbeck
Explorer
Explorer
Yes that is the new part I have does it plug into the old wiring plug or do I need to remove the wires from the only one and put the new one in?

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
You probably need this adaptor to change the plug style from edge connections to pins.

Theyโ€™re available on Amazon, or your local RV dealer may have one.

DOMETIC 92075 Kit, SVC Edge/Pin Adaptor Gas

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plug the harness adapter onto the circuit board
Plug the wiring connector onto the adapter

Wiring Diagram

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31