Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox
23 REPLIES 23

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I remember years ago you could buy electric or manual crank winches just for the purpose.
Now Jacuzzi :C

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
At 8 lbs per gallon of water, I would hope the jacuzzi is empty.

For some reason I always liked that color combo on the older Ford trucks. I called it T-bird turquoise.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I ran for years with an aluminum boat on top of my rigs with rollers.Number one,there not that heavy but it does takes two to load it.

I am totally amazed at the new generation of truck campers, coupled with the internet to ad fuel to the fire.

In the old days as posted above,it was common to see an 8' plus overhead camper hooked up to a horse trailer and were talking trucks with a GVWR of like 7200 pounds...No broken axles/cracked rims or blown tires and the camper was tied down with stake pocket tie downs.

Wow how the internet has changed truck camping!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
DMas wrote:
REALLY? Nobody mentions the fact that it looks as if he's pulling a HOT TUB behind him?:h
...Well I was close..:)
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

DMas
Explorer
Explorer
REALLY? Nobody mentions the fact that it looks as if he's pulling a HOT TUB behind him?:h
2003 Lance 1161
2013 GMC 3500

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Whats on the trailer a bath tub.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Tilts up with those brackets. Someone made one iirc and posted it on here years back.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Weight police.... GO!!!

That boat ain't that heavy and besides,that setup was way way before weight police existed, when people just adapted to situations without the fallout the internet provides!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
He has the DW do it for him.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.