cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy.

No need for more words, the video tells the story. I'll be studying Mountain Cowboys S&S Red Repair video for this one.
45 REPLIES 45

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
JRscooby wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Too bad the boneheads that set up that water fill station, wherever it is, didn't take into consideration that literally EVERY vehicle that gets near it is substantially taller than their guard pipes. I absolutely guarantee you those things have been hit scores of times. Just the sign of an operator that doesn't really care. Too bad. Rant over.

Not sure, but I think the purpose guard pipes is to protect the fill from people that would hit it. Sorry OP, but nobody damaged your stuff but you.

I think I was clear it was my fault. They also know there is a problem with visibility after talking with the attendant. They should put up flags like wheel chairs, dune buggies have to prevent it from continuing to happen.

My point exactly. Anybody knows WHY they're there -- it's pretty obvious. But, it's the owner's responsibility to make the area as safe and navigable as possible. If they KNOW there's a problem, and the neglect to address it, I'd refuse to patronize the establishment again -- there are other fish in the sea. If they won't deal with that issue, how much more are they neglecting?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
deltabravo wrote:
Gas station bollards (posts) are evil too.

Yes, I saw that. I think they're back together now.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Oasisbob wrote:
Sorry my friend. Life is an education. I wonder if the insurance company will total your camper or how it can be fixed? Let us know how this turns out please

I am insured but dont know if it be worth going through insurance. If totaled, I don't know what They would pay.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I must say that your composure is truly inspirational, and thereโ€™s simply no doubt that this could happen to anyoneโ€ฆA few months ago a fella and his wife got distracted by conversation while driving his new Lance beneath a low hanging awning at a nearby Sinclar gas stationโ€ฆNearly sheared the air conditioner off the roofโ€ฆDe-aired the rear tires down to about 1โ€ and slowly crept outโ€ฆ

I myself had the left rear jack sheared off by a distracted feral human chit-chatting on her cell phone with young children in her car - crossed over the yellow line, hit the left side dually before bouncing off the rear jack and hitting another carโ€ฆKnocked my rear axle back about 1.25โ€, but totaled out her borrowed, unregistered, uninsured junkerโ€ฆEven with 2 witnesses on site the Sacto Cops wouldnโ€™t even write an accident report, or gather any info (a resource thingyโ€ฆ), City Cop merely stopped to inform her that it was her responsibility to her to get her demolished vehicle towed off the street (all air bags went off), then casually drove offโ€ฆKinda appeared to me that Sacto had gone third worldโ€ฆNearby permanent tent dwellers only added to this perceptionโ€ฆ

I just counted my blessings as it might easily have been a head onโ€ฆThankfully my insurance kicked inโ€ฆ

3 tons

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry my friend. Life is an education. I wonder if the insurance company will total your camper or how it can be fixed? Let us know how this turns out please
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Gas station bollards (posts) are evil too.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thatโ€™s a major bummer. And a major fix. Sorry to see that.
If it makes you feel better, Iโ€™ve wiped the AC off the top of a truck camper and smushed the ladder on our toyhauler.
Chit happens.
Good thing youโ€™re mechanically inclined!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you'd think they'd put a flag on it or something to alert.
As noted above, I just don't think they give a ****.. been coming to the Q winters for last 6 yrs and stopped using them in 2nd year...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
bgum wrote:
It appears there was a second water station or something else was in that spot which would explain why the pipe is so far away. I agree it is an accident about to happen. They could strap a couple 2 x 4 x 8 to the problem. Sorry about your camper.

I've used that station many times over the years which makes it even dumber. It's been that way for years. There may be pipes or electrical in the ground closer to the sign. That's where it is.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
It appears there was a second water station or something else was in that spot which would explain why the pipe is so far away. I agree it is an accident about to happen. They could strap a couple 2 x 4 x 8 to the problem. Sorry about your camper.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
JRscooby wrote:
Too bad the boneheads that set up that water fill station, wherever it is, didn't take into consideration that literally EVERY vehicle that gets near it is substantially taller than their guard pipes. I absolutely guarantee you those things have been hit scores of times. Just the sign of an operator that doesn't really care. Too bad. Rant over.

Not sure, but I think the purpose guard pipes is to protect the fill from people that would hit it. Sorry OP, but nobody damaged your stuff but you.

I think I was clear it was my fault. They also know there is a problem with visibility after talking with the attendant. They should put up flags like wheel chairs, dune buggies have to prevent it from continuing to happen.

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 36' Diesel MH and I tried to turn into a gas station pump lane one day. Could not see the 3' pole protecting the pump and managed to trash two storage bay doors on the left side. My fault! My mirrors are adjustable and I should have aimed the left one down to see the pole. Unfortunately, I was distracted by a 4 wheeler not allowing me to enter the lane. Still, my fault and I paid the $2500 repair price. I must say that I paid much closer attention to my surroundings after that!
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Mannnn, I hear ya on the jacks.

Ripped 3 of mine at various stages.. and like you, the problem is I can't unload as I'm not sure the jacks will hold.. sigh. Need a forklift on standby before I try it...
But I feel your pain.. good luck..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website