cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Finally Found One

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
After 2 years of searching I finally found a TC. It is a Camp Lite TC 8.6. Did a prelim look at it but before I finalize I will give it a good going over. Is there anything specific about this model I should keep an eye out for? Any tips in general would be appreciated as it is buy owner, not a dealer. TIA
14 REPLIES 14

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
Joe Glidewell wrote:
I've had a CampLite 6.8 TC for a few years now. Bought used and haven't had any major problems. I had a water leak develop under the shower, but thanks to the aluminum framed floor the only damage was an upset wife with wet socks. It wound up being the caulk joint where the shower pan and shower wall meet. The CampLites are hard to find in good shape. Congrats on getting one.

Thanks we got it home. It is awesome. No problems as of yet.

Joe_Glidewell
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a CampLite 6.8 TC for a few years now. Bought used and haven't had any major problems. I had a water leak develop under the shower, but thanks to the aluminum framed floor the only damage was an upset wife with wet socks. It wound up being the caulk joint where the shower pan and shower wall meet. The CampLites are hard to find in good shape. Congrats on getting one.

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
fj40cruiser wrote:
hi Id check the tie down attachment points to make sure they're solid and the wood their attached through is good.

There is no wood in this construction.

fj40cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
hi Id check the tie down attachment points to make sure they're solid and the wood their attached through is good.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned 2 camplites, one a TC and the other a 21RBS, which we sold recently. No wood to rot, azadel, block insulation, aluminum frame and aluminum skin. If you develop a leak just caulk it and it's good to go. Our TC is a 2013 10.0 and is a great camper.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
google wrote:
Even if you are using Azdel on the exterior of your vehicle, it will eventually start to delaminate. The only way to stop this from happening is to keep regular maintenance over your vehicle. These include cleaning up your RV and wiping off any water that has been left on it from rain.

But that I'm assuming delamination or disregard for maintenance would be obvious for Azdel. Othewise if it looks good, sounds good, then not much more you can do to check it.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
google wrote:
Even if you are using Azdel on the exterior of your vehicle, it will eventually start to delaminate. The only way to stop this from happening is to keep regular maintenance over your vehicle. These include cleaning up your RV and wiping off any water that has been left on it from rain.

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
TCCamperNoob wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Unfortunately dry rot is disease, who will not go away unless cut off and replaced.
So buying camper with water damage is only recommended for die-hard DIY hobbyists.
Talking about the feel, for years I've been observing Mexicans tapping water melons before loading them into shopping cart.
Finally I ask 1 what this is about and the response is that you can tell the melon ripe, or green by the response to the tap.
I was always good with my hands so did not take me long to tell the difference.
Ripe melon response to the tap like tapping gelatin.
Similar dry rot will response dully to tapping.

Nothing in a Camp Lite Can dry rot from what I understand. They use Azdel. No wood. All aluminum frame and cabinetry etc

This my understanding as well.

While the camper may indeed leak, given the materials used to construct them there is likely little if any "damage" from it.

- Mark0.

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Unfortunately dry rot is disease, who will not go away unless cut off and replaced.
So buying camper with water damage is only recommended for die-hard DIY hobbyists.
Talking about the feel, for years I've been observing Mexicans tapping water melons before loading them into shopping cart.
Finally I ask 1 what this is about and the response is that you can tell the melon ripe, or green by the response to the tap.

Nothing in a Camp Lite Can dry rot from what I understand. They use Azdel. No wood. All aluminum frame and cabinetry etc

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

TCCamperNoob
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
All TC are build to leak, so it is not specified to any model.
Check for water intrusion along the roof edges, windows and marker lights at the roof line.
With some practice- tapping siding with butt of screwdriver will tell a lot.

Is that a blunt thud tap sound you are looking for, kinda muted and not sharp? And does any water intrusion mean stay away?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
All TC are build to leak, so it is not specified to any model.
Check for water intrusion along the roof edges, windows and marker lights at the roof line.
With some practice- tapping siding with butt of screwdriver will tell a lot.

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livin_Lite_RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Inspect carefully. The older the TC the more you need to confirm that owner did seam and roof maintenance.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad