cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In 2 years time I can no longer afford to buy a camper

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
I went from having enough cash to buy a brand new camper 2 years ago to being almost $20,000 short. I still have the cash, but the camper prices ran away. I guess I don't get to play anymore. Everybody got rich but me.
56 REPLIES 56

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
3 tons wrote:
Seems that so long as itโ€™s the other poor fella whoโ€™s ox is getting gored, whatโ€™s not to celebrate??

3 tons
Nothing wrong with helping the poor fella in preventing the loss of the OX.

Agreed, ๐Ÿ™‚ at least thatโ€™s a more productive possibilityโ€ฆ

3 tons

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
Seems that so long as itโ€™s the other poor fella whoโ€™s ox is getting gored, whatโ€™s not to celebrate??

3 tons
Nothing wrong with helping the poor fella in preventing the loss of the OX.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer

3 tons

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
udidwht wrote:
time2roll wrote:
restlessways wrote:
I certainly don't see a recession happening this year, either. That being said, I'm not getting a 2nd job so I'm not sure if you're talking to me or who that advice is for. I work enough as it is.
Not singling anyone out. Same with this: If all the savings is in a bank savings or CD there is tremendous risk of loss due to inflation continuing. Some should be in the equity market.

No need to worry when the BIG drop comes. Not a question of if only when. We're closer than ever now.

I know people that run around and talk about the sky is falling, the sky is falling, and they donโ€™t have any money and will never have any money because of their mindset.

That is like saying we'll never have another recession and/or depression. Don't be that guy.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œWith unfunded obligations comes uncollected future revenue.โ€

LOL, Why even wait for the future when the IRS has long promoted taxpayerโ€™s sending in contributions extra and above their own tax obligations??

3 tons

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
Recall the newsworthy chants of โ€œYou Didnโ€™t Earn Thatโ€ and more recently โ€œYouโ€™ll own no property and youโ€™ll be happyโ€, and with $30 T in debt and assuredly more on the way (and a whopping $200T in unfunded obligations), itโ€™s starting to look more and more like maybe โ€œsomething Wicked this way comesโ€ - lol

3 tons, firmly hunkered down in Realville
With unfunded obligations comes uncollected future revenue.

Unfortunately much of the collection could be done with inflation instead of direct tax payments. Tax cuts were the wrong direction to go until actual spending cuts are made. Either way presents a difficulty.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
udidwht wrote:
time2roll wrote:
restlessways wrote:
I certainly don't see a recession happening this year, either. That being said, I'm not getting a 2nd job so I'm not sure if you're talking to me or who that advice is for. I work enough as it is.
Not singling anyone out. Same with this: If all the savings is in a bank savings or CD there is tremendous risk of loss due to inflation continuing. Some should be in the equity market.

No need to worry when the BIG drop comes. Not a question of if only when. We're closer than ever now.

I know people that run around and talk about the sky is falling, the sky is falling, and they donโ€™t have any money and will never have any money because of their mindset.

Bingo, Geo!

Recall the newsworthy chants of โ€œYou Didnโ€™t Earn Thatโ€ and more recently โ€œYouโ€™ll own no property and youโ€™ll be happyโ€, and with $30 T in debt and assuredly more on the way (and a whopping $200T in unfunded obligations), itโ€™s starting to look more and more like maybe โ€œsomething Wicked this way comesโ€ - lol

3 tons, firmly hunkered down in Realville

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Geo*Boy wrote:
udidwht wrote:
time2roll wrote:
restlessways wrote:

Bingo, Geo!

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
udidwht wrote:
time2roll wrote:
restlessways wrote:

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
udidwht wrote:
In two years time (as the OP inquired about) the SP500 has risen about 57%

That would have taken the OP or anyone else from $50,000 to have $78,500 today.

Interestingly the RV that you would have been out the door for $50K in real numbers two years ago would cost you in the neighborhood of $78.5K today.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
udidwht wrote:

Still not much to retire on.
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
udidwht wrote:

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
restlessways wrote:

VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
restlessways wrote: