cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

inserting images?

ralph_day
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I have a photo on my phone I want to insert into a thread post. How do I do that? All I get is something about url location.

Semi luddite at more than typing.

Ralph
10 REPLIES 10

Heiny57
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Go here to post your pictures.
It makes it very simple.
1. Upload picture from your computer or other source.
2. Copy resulting URL
3. Paste URL into your post with no modifications.
Your picture will appear and be properly sized for our forum.
Barney

Thanks I will post more pics

Heiny57
Explorer
Explorer
Testing

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Tom.
I tried removing the "%20" in the URL but didn't leave any space. Of course, that didn't work. If the Woodall's Forum can tolerate that small bit of code, I would think RVnet should handle it, as well. IMO, this Forum software is outdated. I participate on other Forums where image handling isn't half the chore it is here. Also, less dropped posts and connection issues. In fact, had to log into Woodalls just to post this. My RVnet connection was dropped.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Currently (at least yesterday) RVnet would not insert images from Photobucket.com. I had to use the Woodall's portal to insert an image. There is a thread in the "Technical Help" section of the Forum about this issue.

The RV.Net portal can handle Photobucket.com pictures that don't have spaces in the pictures title, when uploaded.

That is, a picture named my picture.jpg could have trouble. A pictured named mypicture.jpg will not. For whatever reason, the (normal) RV.Net portal cannot process % symbols and Photobucket.com chances spaces to the ascii codes %20.

There are other characters that the (normal) RV.Net portal cannot process, but they are characters that one does not normally use, such as, smart quotes.

There are several workarounds. The easies, I believe is to use the Woodall's portal.

Other workarounds,
Force the RV.Net portal to use the secured server; that is, insert https:// in front of the URL as in this tutorial by moderator 1492

Or replace the %20's with spaces. For example, a pictured named my picture.jpg will appear on Photobucket.com as my%20picture.jpg. Once the URL is in your post, replace each %20 with a space.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Is your photo located on a iPhone or Android smartphone? If so, you can use this web app bit.ly/photo-upload by tapping the Select button, choose your photo, and copy/paste the provided link into your forum post.

An example directly from my Samsung Note:

BTW, it took about 3x-4x longer to compose this post, then it took to upload and post this photo. I'm not an avid texter, it that's an actual word?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go here to post your pictures.
It makes it very simple.
1. Upload picture from your computer or other source.
2. Copy resulting URL
3. Paste URL into your post with no modifications.
Your picture will appear and be properly sized for our forum.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Currently (at least yesterday) RVnet would not insert images from Photobucket.com. I had to use the Woodall's portal to insert an image. There is a thread in the "Technical Help" section of the Forum about this issue.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If its a smart phone and you can access RVNet from it. then upload and post pictures just like you would from a computer! If not, will your phone connect to your computer via a USB cord?
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You have to down-load the photo from the phone to your computer, then via the computer upload to a photo hosting web site. I understand RV.net has a place you can send a photo to and then use the URL of that photo from the hosting site in your post. You cannot post it directly from your computer or your phone. It has to be saved on a world wide server somewhere, unless you have a dedicated computer somewhere that you are using for an internet server yourself.

Edit! Or upload to a photo hosting web site directly from your phone it it is internet capable.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
delete
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS