cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

insurance companies and cost

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new 2019 Flagstaff 22 ft TT and can you experienced folks give me an idea of what insurance should Cost? We have used AAA insurance for our DP in the past and will ask them for a quote but I always check around to be sure I' m not over paying.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
20 REPLIES 20

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Tacky
Explorer
Explorer
I have my TT insured with Progressive. I also have my TV and my car with the same company. In Michigan, I pay about $270 a year for coverage that pays me the purchase price, minus my deductible, if the trailer is destroyed. This proved to be important, as my previous trailer was destroyed in a fire. The fire did not originate in the trailer, but in the garage next to the trailer. Progressive paid me the agreed value, and paid to have the burned out remains removed from my property. I was very happy with how my claim was handled, and my new trailer is also insured with progressive. And Flo is so cute!
Shiawassee County, Michigan

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
We have AAA with a 22' trailer. We found bundling with our auto is just more convenient than a stand alone policy. However, that could all change if we get poor service or their rates go way up.

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Snomas wrote:
We just purchased a new 2019 Flagstaff 22 ft TT and can you experienced folks give me an idea of what insurance should Cost? We have used AAA insurance for our DP in the past and will ask them for a quote but I always check around to be sure I' m not over paying.

Well you are not going to get any useful information because there are too many variables non of which you included to even make a POOR WAG.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
290/yr for comp/collision with ACV 30k + 2k contents coverage
2019 CC F350
2017 Impact 312 Toyhauler
2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 (mine)
2013 Yamaha grizzly 550 (hers)
1998 Kawi Prairie 400 (boys)

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
librty02 wrote:
Snomas,
Way too many different variables here.
-State you live
-amount you insure the trailer for
-amount you insure what is inside the trailer for
-total loss coverage
-roadside coverage
-your credit score
-etc etc

Only you can call and get quotes from different Ins Agencies to get the prices you would pay

I'm not looking for a quote at this time, just getting a feel for the Ins cost in general!!

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
LoudRam wrote:
Check with your auto insurance company. We have our RV insurance bundled with our auto insurance. We're using Geico. As for price, like everyone already said, to many factors to even give a price.

I'm not looking for a quote at this time and only want to get a quick feel for what a TT Ins approx cost without calling my ins co.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
LoudRam wrote:
Check with your auto insurance company. We have our RV insurance bundled with our auto insurance. We're using Geico. As for price, like everyone already said, to many factors to even give a price.

X2-- Geico is the best --period.. and less than 150 a year!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
At a $16k book value we pay $169 per year for collision, other than collision, GAP, and awning coverage. The GAP coverage is $38 and we'll drop that once the loan is paid off (it's in the loan covenant).
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
it may depend on the state you are in, but in Oregon, your trailer will be covered for liability under your tow vehicle policy while it is hooked up and being towed. It is NOT covered once unhooked nor for any damage to it or other property while being towed.

So..... it makes sense to add it to your existing insurance company policies. In my case with a $1K deductible and liability when unhooked etc. in with my umbrella policy I pay about $100/yr
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new 37 foot travel trailer four years ago and insured in with Progressive.
The coverage was for what we paid for it and covered any damage and 100 percent if it was totaled, and that was for as long as we owned the trailer. The cost was $500 per year.
Along came hurricane Irma and totaled it with a five foot sea water surge. As soon after the hurricane as their adjuster was allowed in the area he took one look and totaled it. He took pictures, sat in his car and sent the info into his office. That afternoon we got a call from Progressive and said our check would be at a local insurance agency on the next Monday. Driving home after picking up the check we received a call from Progressive telling us that we still had two more months of coverage and wanted to know if we wanted a rebate or if we were replacing the trailer with another if we wanted for it to go for the new trailer coverage . We were absolutely amazed and naturally put it toward the new one.
It was the best $500 that I have ever spent in my life and we now have our new trailer and once again with the same coverage.

Guy

Mikesr
Explorer
Explorer
No matter what insurance company you pick or how much your premium is Iโ€™d be more concerned about the level of coverage you have and how good the claim process is for that company.
That being said my motto is this, insurance is like hand grenades and parachutes, you donโ€™t want a cheap one when you need it the most.
Mike and Donna
2016 Chevy 2500HD
2020 Open Range Light 312BH

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
If you are old enough, we've found Hartford through AARP is the cheapest and comes with no charge towing option.