cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

is forest river rockwood mini2506s a good buy

pattyann1750
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 21 ft trail runner but realized we need a little more room.The rockwood mini and flagstaff ultra lite at 25 ft and 1 slide with front kitchen and rear bed.Excellent layout but then I was researching more and heard about many recalls,poor windows and failed sink.Best forum for honest feedback.At 66 we don't want to purchase poorly.Thanks ,Trish
8 REPLIES 8

05btdvw
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2020 Rockwood 2506s. Have only had it a year but so far so good. There is a fix (tsb) to the slide sealant that we haven't done yet.

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
Luck of the draw. There are good Cadillacs and bad Cadillacs, there are good Chevys but GMC's are even better, there are good Yugos......, maybe not.

If you find a floor plan you really like, look it over really close and buy it.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Forest River Owners Group forum and do a search for the model number. There should be many posts concerning the unit good or bad.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The four feet wonโ€™t make much difference but a slide will.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure any trailer is considered a good buy as one must have disposable income and realize the rapid depreciation.

Forrest river like Keystone are big players in the RV industry and have access to much better materials today than years past.

We're on our 4th new trailer and each one has seen significant improvements.
It's the pace that they are assembled that gives them a black eye.

Do a thorough inspection, have trailer hooked up to AC, water system pressurized, live in it for a little before driving away with it.

Our latest trailer " Keystone Outback " appears to be well made but still spent an entire day tweaking, adjusting and hand tightening fittings.

A new trailer is justified if you thoroughly enjoy the lifestyle as we do.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
A `good buy' for any RV is one where it works for the owners RVing lifestyle and not whether the price was 10% less.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
best to hire a rv tech mobil service person, when buying new/used they,ll do a very intense inspection. rv,s have a rep of not being built to any quality standards. slapped to gether and down the line.never sign on the dotted line till its inspected,then if you still want it,all problems all fixed before it leaves the lot. don,t get talked into of bring it back in a week. they want your money the,ll fix it now. p.s I don,t trust one word a sales person says.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got a 2019 Rockwood 2511S and it's been a really good rig so far. Got it for a fair price for our area and it's one that I hope will be with us for some time.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.