cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Jayco Eagle worth the cost vs. Jay Flight?

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I was about to buy an Eagle for a pretty decent price. I hadn't really been looking at them as the prices were all pretty far above the Jay Flights of the same model. I found one in a state over and then found out that it had sold. The dealer said they could get me a good deal on a 2015 ordered how I want (second AC prep - 50amp service, value package, solid counter tops, hide-a-bed, electric stab jacks, electric tongue jack, bike/cargo rack, bumper grill, roof ladder). I figured it would be way over what I was looking at for a 2013 ($28k). For the 2015, they are asking $31k delivered to the west coast or $28k if I picked it up back east.

So now, I have a bit of a decision to make. I can get the 2014 Jay Flight with everything for $25k which is what I have been looking at for a while, or spend $6k+ for the 2015 Eagle. I figure the Eagle will probably have a better resale value (hold up better), but I don't know about $6k. Not that resale is at the top of my list for buying or anything, but I do have to consider it a little. My main concern is what am I actually gaining for the $6k other than the Eagle name and fiberglass front/sides? Is it worth the cost to purchase the Eagle over the Jay Flight?
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
18 REPLIES 18

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy, the Jayflight is a fine camper!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the 2014 Jay Flight 32BHDS. The extra $6-7k will go a long way somewhere else. The final price I got the Jay Flight was $27162.11 out the door with a 14k equal-i-zer hitch, power stabilizers and power hitch jack and 15k AC. If I had waited until winter or bought back east, I think I could have done better. I just couldn't really find any cheaper in real life.

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Last name business? 🙂

I prefer B-Ness 😛

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you look at the overall construction differences of each. Compare things like the windows and storage access, insulation. Some "upgrade" lines include better basics, while others just mean more "fluff". Guess it also depends on how you feel about "fluff", if that's the case.

If you do decide to order, plan on another 3 or 4 weeks regardless. They're made on an assembly line and when they start running Model X, if that's not your model, it won't happen until that model comes around. We ordered a ROO 19 HTT and was told 6 - 8 weeks. At the 12 week point, we decided to just change to a different model and it was actually a good thing it worked out because that was a better unit for us. We found out 4 weeks after that, our original order finally came in. FR was running 21SS and 23SS like crazy and special order 19's didn't fit in their production planning.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last name business? 🙂
Puma 30RKSS

rdrector
Explorer
Explorer
I would vote Eagle for that price difference. The extra detail, larger ceiling height, and extra standards that are included, not to mention addl. resale value will far be to your advantage.

Love my Eagle, best trailer of the 3 I have owned. I can't see a better model in a travel trailer out there right now.

The Jayflights are nice, but put against the Eagle, the Eagle will always draw more attention on the aftermarket down the road. It is a solid resale versus a light-weight with age.
2013 Jayco Eagle 324 BTS
2010 KZ Spree 318BHS
2006 KZ Frontier 2405
2007 Dodge Quad 4x4 CTD 4.10

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned both the Jayflight and presently an Eagle. I'd go for the Eagle over the Jayflight if all possible.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

MSGMadhatter
Explorer
Explorer
We own our 3rd Jayco product. First was 2006 31BHDS Jayflight.

2nd was Greyhawk 24SS Class C. 2003.

Now we have a 298RLDS Eagle Superlight 2012, and the Greyhawk.

The Eagle is by far our favorite. Eagle is a lot easier to keep clean. The Eagle is just much nicer, more bells and whistles. Shop around, You can get an Eagle for not much more than a J-flight.
MSG MADHATTER (Life Member Good Sam)
1500 HD Silverado, 6L
Jayco Eagle Super Light 298RLDS (Hers)
Jayco Greyhawk 24SS Class C (His)

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
You can order a thermal package on the Jayflight, it is not standard - it is standard on Eagle models. I can speak to the model I have, we camp in the White MTNS of NH in late October; our Eagle remained comfortable with a single 5k BTU ceramic heater.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

pbohart
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Eagle, Love the Eagle.

My best friend and I went to the RV show when I bought mine. We both agreed that the Eagle line is just....premium...

A person only buys a trailer..what...every 5-10 years? The extra features and quality you buy now stay with you for a long long time.

Get the best you can afford and want. You will appreciate the extras you pay for now for many years.
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel
2012 Jayco Eagle Super-Light 314BDS

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
What model number of Eagle...and what is the Jay Flight model number? can give you the differences and which is which so you can make an 'apples to apples' price comparison.
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Myself, I would definitely get the Eagle..

Here is a video on there climate shield package only available on the Eagle and Pinnacle, I think.

Climate Shield
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
Road Dog wrote:
The Eagle has better insulation in the roof,walls,and floor!Cooler in summer and warmer during the cool season.

I hadn't heard that. Is there something in the specs that shows how much difference there is? I didn't run across anything on the Jayco site. Thanks.

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
The Eagle has better insulation in the roof,walls,and floor!Cooler in summer and warmer during the cool season.