cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's ours

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
We now have our new Host Rainier TC as of Friday 12/2/16.
We traded our HH 5th wheel for this TC and used it for the two nights on our way home from Cleveland, WI.

We were very happy with our dealings with Wagner Trailer Sales and the whole process was very satisfactory.

Coming from a 36' trailer with tons of storage capacity we have a lot of adjusting to our travel process. Those two nights were pleasant and it looks like we have found a good fit for out needs. Our drive today was a bit uncomfortable but not near as much as if I was pulling the trailer. We drove through a heavy snow storm in mid Illinois that would have been white knuckle with the trailer but with this single unit it was calm and watchful.

Other images can be viewed at our blog http://fredandjo-onthego.blogspot.com/
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll
12 REPLIES 12

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely gorgeous camper with an incredible open setup, love it. That's probably my favorite floor plan out there. Enjoy, that's some rig.

I would suggest getting 19.5's or a dually.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
I think you're really going to like that side door feature, I know I looked for a model with the side door when we were shopping.

It's nice to access if you are towing or have a bike rack on.

Congrats!

Bill
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Congrats! Awesome looking rig!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 on a 2002 F350 SRW gasser for two years. It drove OK...but in 2004 we sold the SRW and bought a Chev 3500 D/A DRW and we felt a lot better. We sold both in 2004 and went to a class A because it always was crowded with 2 of us and one 80 lb. dog.
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
3 words here....
Get a duallie!
I cannot believe you are hauling that TC on a single rear wheel truck!
Above all.... BE SAFE

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats. Your Rainier sure is a lot different than mine!

I would consider upgrading to 19.5s. I carried mine on a SRW for about 8 years. Keep in mind that you will increase the weight quite a lot by having a full holding tank and full fuel tanks.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
Listed weight for a Rainer SB is 2995 lbs...:h

I'm sure glad they got those Android and iPhone anti-gravity projecting devices nowadays.

Makes those really heavy campers much lighter.

Looks like I can put one on my F250. My cargo weight is 3000 lbs. Just gonna squeak by on that one !!! :E

Please go weigh your rig.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

nomadictxn
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Host builds a nice camper. Just looked at the pics. That is one nice rig. Enjoy it! I agree with Buzz. That's a lot of weight on those tires.
nomadictxn
2013 RAM 1500 QC 5.7, 3.92 4x4 6 sp.
2021 Flagstaff E Pro 19FBS

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do yourself a favor. don't be me and almost roll your rig from a freeway speed rear tire failure from the load. Go weigh your rig at a cat scale and make sure you have plenty of rear tire carrying capacity.

I had to upgrade to 19.5 wheels and tires to carry my non slide lance 1055 on my F350 SRW. I was running 285/75R16s rated at 3750# each and I was just over their capacity.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. :C

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
"we have found a good fit for out needs"

You hit the nail right on the head there! If this fits your needs, then you have found the perfect camper! Congratulations on your new purchase, and great success in negotiating with your dealer too!

Now all that's left is to ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY! Have fun and HAPPY CAMPING!

hotrodfords
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig! I tow a "toy hauler" trailer and I can agree - it's way easier with a TC than having to drag a trailer. But you do have to be an efficient packer...