cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jack issues

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Host Cascade, but today I went to load it and turned on the switch on the remote panel and it would not power up, no jacks were working. I checked the contro box and it would come on but still no power at the switch panel. I have always had good sucess with Reico Titan jacks in the past, first time this happened. I tried to call Titan but they were closed. We were supposed to leave early in the morning to go to Tennessee to see new grand baby. Iโ€™m going to try to load it manually in the morning, not looking forward to that. Any suggestions. Thanks Eddie
7 REPLIES 7

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Milwaukee 18 battery operated drill and it raises and lowers the AF1150 camper with ease.... I could not crank the jacks without a long ratchet wrench and it took forever,, the drill was very quick

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments. Turned out to be a loose connection on the controller

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Get the hand crank out and start cranking. Exercise is good for the soul and your pot belly too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Bedlam
Supply power to the controller is interrupted, the cable between the controller and service panel is disconnected or the controller failed. Start by checking the breaker in the basement next to the controller and look for power lights. You can plug the remote in right at the controller to see if it is panel issue in the generator compartment.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks the light doesnโ€™t come on and we are hooked up to shore power. Everything else in the camper seems to work

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did it flash but just not stay on? My Atwood has done that a few times. I donโ€™t know if the switch is similar or completely different. For some reason, WD 40 in the switch has worked. Either that or turning it off/on until it stays on.

One more thing, if your battery is low, itโ€™s harder to keep the switch on.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

Get one of those and start tracking the current.
With maze of electrical connectors it doesn't take much to make one that corroded, or was only finger-tight from the factory.
Occasionally it is good idea to make load tester, like using 21 or 40W bulb as it happen to me that connector would test OK with small tester load, but would fail under full load.