cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kelderman suspension

BMB
Explorer
Explorer
I'm interested in the ultimate suspension set-up for a truck camper. Does anyone have this set-up on their truck?

i have a 2017 f350 drw w/a northern lite 10'4" 3300lb camper. I'm looking for a system above and beyond the average suspension mods.

thanks
Brown

2017 F-350 w/aluminum flatbed
2016 Northern Lite 10-2 Lite
4 REPLIES 4

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the “Two Stage” Kelderman on my dually. That’s the one that replaces the rear spring shackles with a big hinged bracket with air bags. I still have my rear leaf springs but they are floating on the bags. The main purpose is improving the ride while unloaded, and it works.
I don’t believe there is much benefit while carrying my camper.
The Two Stage isn’t terribly expensive and I like mine because my truck is also my daily driver to work and back.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Autoflex Ultra rear air suspension on my F350 DRW. It does not involve any permanent modifications to the truck frame, strictly bolt in. The install is a bit involved but I have been happy with the result. I run the bags about 35 lbs empty and 95 lbs with the camper (Bigfoot 10.4 weighed at 3600 lbs).

There is no kit made for the front unless you have 4WD, then Kelderman makes one. On the rear 4WD makes it easier, as the ride height is set higher, leaving more room for bags.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I heard Keldeman is good suspension, but pretty expensive.
For my F350 I spend $300 for sulastic hangers and they made huge difference in empty drive comfort.
Suppose they improve ride with camper too, but not to degree you can feel.
My camper exceeds 6000 lb.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
These posts have Kelderman in them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman