cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ladder Rack Accessories..

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I am somewhat surprised know one offers accessories for an TC ladder rack as in, attachments to carry generators/gasoline etc..Something that connects to the ladder rack with an adjustable support to the bumper for heavier things..

I know reddog1 fabbed his up but some of us lack the tools to do so.

Is there anything out there for these things that could go on a ladder rack attachment?
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04
15 REPLIES 15

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
crawfdp1 wrote:
Take a look at the Sherptek Dragon Bak. It should handle whatever your ladder can accommodate safely.

Thank you,that's the first I have seen like that..The Pack horse...Awesome..
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

crawfdp1
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Sherptek Dragon Bak. It should handle whatever your ladder can accommodate safely.
2008 F450, Torklifts plus Stableloads-- just jack and load, no more weight police 🙂
2008 S&S with StableLift

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
edited.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I might get a Swagman or Camco ladder rack for a bicycle. I have a front receiver on my truck but not too keen on putting my bicycles up there to catch bugs and road debris. I wonder how much stress is transferred to the ladder.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have a ladder rack hangar for chairs etc,infact I have two..Found one in a dumpster outside an RV park..I also have a hitch carrier,one of the full size 500# capacity ones but I don't like it in the rear with the TC on...I have thought about getting one of the smaller ATV hitch hauls with the angle up and a 250# capacity,easier to deal with...

Unless I find a ladder rack attachment I will probably just go with a light weight ATV hitch haul with the angle up design...
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

toddb
Explorer
Explorer

I made hooks to store my steps, they rest on the bumper and don't have much wiggle room. Been great thus far, but does partially block the tail light.

Split shaft collars work well. I'm going to make another small rack for the roof to store a 5gal portable waste tank.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
An aluminum hitch mounted cargo carrier and a Plano Sportsmans storage box and I have more storage. Ratchet straps to hold it down and cheap WalMart Brinks combo locks. IPI long run tank and a 2 gallon gas tank fits. Houston to central Pennsylvania, to Eldora Speedway Ohio and back to Houston, no issues. Clears my scissor steps or can use a Rubbermaid step stool.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
And since I’m not comfortable, I don’t pack a bunch of stuff aft for others to watch closely.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m never comfortable behind RV with a bunch of stuff attached to the ladder and/or bumper. I drop back or pass.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bedlam
I think these guys are looking at putting a Honda 2000 and gas can on the back of their truck campers. This should not throw COG off too much since an OEM Onan install in the rear wing typically weighs more.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
old guy wrote:
one thing to remember when you stick something on the back bumper and the ladder is that you upset the handling of the
TT you are towing. it will make the tongue weight lighter. also the back bumper is so thin and light weight it can hardly handle a sewer hose let alone a generator

These are TCs not TTs.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
one thing to remember when you stick something on the back bumper and the ladder is that you upset the handling of the
TT you are towing. it will make the tongue weight lighter. also the back bumper is so thin and light weight it can hardly handle a sewer hose let alone a generator

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I remember asking Reddog about his rear rack..If I remember right,he has his supported with the rear jack mounts..Thinking a combination of rear jack mounts and bumper support coupled with the ladder rack itself or any of the above for moderate weight..

I am surprised someone like Torklift hasn't come up with something like that..As many people that want to carry extra items for there TC like especially,a small Honda,someone hasn't came up with something other than home pre-fab..
Lance 9.6
500ah Lifep04

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Two limiting factors. How the ladder is attached to the camper and the ladder rung capacity. Friends used one of the bicycle carriers made to attach to the ladder and while the ladder didn't pull away from the camper it bent both rungs it was attached to.