Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 2016 - 1172 Wireless Remote Sliders and Jacks

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to everyone,

We have encountered a recurring issue with our brand new 1172. First couple of times it happened I thought it was due to novice operator error. Of course, we checked remote control's battery and was replaced, checked house battery and of course they were charged and checked battery switch.

Basically, we can not extract or retract sliders and same for jacks. So, I took it to my dealer and he says this has happened in the past but its not a common issue. He proceeded by resetting the system control board which is easily accomplish by shutting all power...in my case, battery switch and removing solar panel fuse. Wait couple of minutes and turn back on. It worked while I was there. Sliders and Jacks were operational once more...my dealer is only 7 miles from TC storage...back at storage I tried again opening sliders and of course it didn't work...to say I was ticked off after paying for $43000 cash for a TC slider that didn't work is putting it mildly.

Again, I tried rebooting the board and it took at least 5 times to make it work...so I left storage thinking maybe the board just had a bad day. Headed to the storage yesterday to pick up TC. We were planning to spend the day at the beach this weekend. You guessed again, did not work. Now I'm really psst.

Called the owner at the dealer and he is advising me to take TC to Lance factory which is about 40 miles from storage...He is telling me that is very difficult to manually open rear slider, side slider is not hard because it can be crank operated. His afraid of creating undue damage to unit. I personally, don't blame him. He is a good guy.

So, after my soap opera the questions to current model Lance owners are simple:

a. Have you guys had this problem in the past?
b. Has anyone taken their TC to the Lance factory for repairs?

My dealer is telling that I shouldn't have any problem specially since I dont access to TC.

My beef with Lance will be:
a. Resolve current issue.
b. There has to be a way to install a good ole manual switch to operate rear slider in case issue appears in the future and you are stuck in middle of nowhere. Dealer could not help with switch request.

Any advice is appreciated!
'12 F450 6.7L, 4x4 Crewcab Longbed Airlift 5000 Stableload Reese 48" ext Torklift Fastguns Blistein 4600 Bigwig Rear Sway Bar.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Kids: 4,8, 9 & twins 28
Patient wife
30 REPLIES 30

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
Hodag1 wrote:
Contact Mike Tassinari. He can tell you all about the 1172 slide problems

What doesn't Mike cry about..?
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Lance 1050S. I have had to reset the board two times out of the many, many times I have used the slide. Both times the house batteries were low. I have two 900 CCA batteries installed. The wireless remote comes with a cable if the remote battery gets low.

We spend our money and want perfection, knowing that we will not find it in this life. All manufacturers have issues using components from other manufacturers.

Just be thankful they didn't install airbags inside your TC!

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
DOITHARD wrote:
It's really disappointing to see Lance behind the curve...dammm bean counters.

I've gotta agree with you here, especially after seeing the posts from the AF owners as to their equipment.

Knock on wood, I've yet to have any problems with the slides on mine. But the utter lack of any back up for the rear Schwintek slide always sticks in the back of my mind.

Then again, at my age, I'm glad that anything sticks in my mind anymore! :B

LOL
'12 F450 6.7L, 4x4 Crewcab Longbed Airlift 5000 Stableload Reese 48" ext Torklift Fastguns Blistein 4600 Bigwig Rear Sway Bar.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
DOITHARD wrote:

I've gotta agree with you here, especially after seeing the posts from the AF owners as to their equipment.

Knock on wood, I've yet to have any problems with the slides on mine. But the utter lack of any back up for the rear Schwintek slide always sticks in the back of my mind.

Then again, at my age, I'm glad that anything sticks in my mind anymore! :B
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
DOITHARD wrote:
brholt wrote:
I don't know what Lance does but my Arctic Fox came with:

- A wireless remote
- A long cablle. The wireless remote can be used a a "wired" remote and plugged in either to the activation switch behind the door to the dump valve compartment or directly into the jack controller up under the sink.
- A wired only emergency controller and short cable located by the jack controller panel under the sink that can be plugged into either location.

I really appreciated the emergency controller when I ran into a problem with the wireless controller. Turned out the controller front panel had gone bad (would activat a jack and not stop) and I had to send it in to get "bubble" switches replaced.

Wow, that's a great setup!

Yep, just like in the world of boats, redundant systems. Which is why I'm shocked about the Lance, I honestly assumed all rv manufacturers would do as northwood does.

Sorry man!
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
brholt wrote:

- A wireless remote
- A long cablle. The wireless remote can be used a a "wired" remote and plugged in either to the activation switch behind the door to the dump valve compartment or directly into the jack controller up under the sink.
- A wired only emergency controller and short cable located by the jack controller panel under the sink that can be plugged into either location.

I really appreciated the emergency controller when I ran into a problem with the wireless controller. Turned out the controller front panel had gone bad (would activat a jack and not stop) and I had to send it in to get "bubble" switches replaced.

My AF990 came with the same. Plus you can manually crank the jacks with a 3/8 ratchet if all else fails.

The slideout also has a manual backup with crank.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
brholt wrote:

- A wireless remote

Wow, that's a great setup!
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II

- A wireless remote

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
One remote, why? Did you get two?
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife

Hodag1
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Mike Tassinari. He can tell you all about the 1172 slide problems

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
It only came with one remote?

My trust in lance is fading..
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I also keep few spare batt for the remote...also considering buying a spare remote in the event the oem is damaged or lost.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
Just a quick question.

How many batteries do you have in the Lance 1172????

Reason I ask is we also have a 2016 Lance 1172. And it only came with ONE battery from the dealership.

I did notice that after I installed the second battery, our slide out operations were a lot quicker and smoother, no matter if hooked to shore power or on their own.

But sure seems the slide out operation is pretty power intensive.

And, that pesky remote control for the jacks/slides sure eats those A23 batteries in a hurry. I now keep three or four new A23 batteries on hand all the time.

I have (2) Exide AGM 200 amps each...I opted to buy my own batteries...bought them from Amazon, I belive they were $245 each.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Patient wife