cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 830 Mods - Storage Box

Prominion
Explorer
Explorer
First time posting in a long while,thought I'd share this with Lance 830 owners...I had been frustrated about a standard non-basement truck camper complaint, a lack of storage space for "dirty" items. I liked the idea of outside storage and decided to use the space under the fold out bed. Lance graciously provided me with a rear wall framing detail (complete with appropriate disclaimer), so I went ahead and designed a 1" alum tube platform to hold a "top mount" tool box. I ordered a Delta Pro double door (now Jobox) measuring 88" wide, 17" high and 15" deep...11.5 cubic feet.
I had a friend fab the frame (sorry, missed getting pics) and used lag bolts to fasten it to the back wall frame, supplemented with a full bond of PL Marine. Mounted the box to the platform using lags/bolts and now I have weather proof storage for the chainsaw, shovels, straps, grease, tools etc.
Next project, doubling up solar from 140w to 280w and moving the internal battery compartment to the drivers side storage box...

Framing layout

1" Gusseted Alum Frame

Mounted Box

Finished and shiny
Professional Minion & Sweetie
5 REPLIES 5

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job. Impressive.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! Nice job.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks good.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful job. Kudos.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
Great Idea
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4