cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance camper skirt

Dkaylove
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am new to this forum. My father just purchased a 2005 Lance overhead camper. It is a model 815 and he is looking for the skirt because the camper is a little too big for his truck. I need to be advise where I can look for one of these or if anyone out there has one of these to buy. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set but am holding on to them until I sell the camper in case the next owner needs them. They are pretty hard to find and become harder every day.

I am assuming he is carrying the 815 on a short bed truck. Hopefully at least a 3/4 ton because the unit gets to be pretty heavy when all loaded up. Last time I ran across the scale I had 3,500# between the camper, stuff inside, and what I had on the back seat.

A set of sheet metal boxes is probably going to be about your best bet. The boxes need to house the tail lights, a side market light if you use flush tail lights, and have a wing that goes far enough forward to obscure the truck's tail lights.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi OP, I think the best place to look and talk about anything Lance camper is Lance of America. It's a forum of just lance owners. I was a member for many years and can tell you they are a good group and you can find parts there to buy or you can sell your own stuff. Good luck