cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance Recessed Cabinet Latches

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a solution to replace the CHEAP PLASTIC #HD205 AMEROCK RECESSED cabinet latches that Lance used on my 1050S and looks like they are still using on the 1062?

I have had two come apart and one that will not close properly without depressing the latch (no matter how much adjustment is done on the catch).

This is about the only thing on my Lance 1050S that I do not like and I have owned it since new in 2011.
5 REPLIES 5

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
The stock Lance latches are cheap. Kind of amazed me considering the price of the unit.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
A bit of searching at Lowes or Home Depot may prove worthwhile. I replaced the cheap latches in my old Lance from Home Depot stock.

I think you are referring to better hinges when you are talking about cabinet latches. If so, you might want to look at these:

Solid locking cabinet hinge

If I am wrong, just look up cabinet latches.

Lakeside

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
A bit of searching at Lowes or Home Depot may prove worthwhile. I replaced the cheap latches in my old Lance from Home Depot stock.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

abnengr
Explorer
Explorer
I'm also looking for a new latch system for my Lance 1050S cabinets. Everyone of the latches alternate from "not opening" to " opening while driving". Why can't Lance install a latch that works? I keep a pair of pliers inside the camper to re-bend the metal tab as necessary. If you find a working substitute please post it up. FWIW: all of the latches were loose or didn't function when I bought the camper new.
2018 Northern Lite 10.2
2019 Ford F450 DRW, 4x4, Crew Cab, Warn 12K winch.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I said the heck with them and put hooks and eyebolts on all of my cabinets. Everything stays shut and secure no matter how rough the road gets.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags