Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Jayflight 32BHDSB Owner!

ThreeEs_and_One
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!

I've been lurking in the shadows reading posts and learning so much for a while but we finally bit the bullet and brought home our first TT yesterday. We bought a 2015 Jayflight 32BHDS(B). We spent all afternoon in it today familiarizing ourselves and making plans. Our first trip will be over Thanksgiving, heading outside of Kansas City to meet up with family. Although I'm not thrilled about the idea of using it one short trip then having to re-winterize it, I'm looking forward to it.

One question I do have for the forum regarding hitch height. The dealer set the hitch/WD up on DW's vehicle. I told the tech we'd be using both hers and mine and that mine sat higher than hers, he said no problem. So long as there wasn't more than an inch or two in height difference we'd be good. I measured today and we're at 1.5 inch difference. Is the tech correct? I can't drop the ball any more on my shank so it would require buying a new one. We are using the EAZ-Lift and from what I can tell we have the shank that offers most height/drop and its dropped already.

Thanks a lot for the help.
5 REPLIES 5

APT
Explorer
Explorer
That TT puts the Expy over at least 3 ratings. Just set it up for the Megacab.

TT should be level to slightly nose down. Front axle of the TV should be the same weight/height as unhitched.

Congrats on the new RV!
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Fireman02
Explorer
Explorer
My advice would be to only pull it with your 07 mega cab. I have the Springdale equivalent of your trailer, and loaded it will be over the expedition's towing capacity. Go back and have it properly adjusted to the 07. By the way congrats, and enjoy. We bought ours on Halloween last year and had to wait until spring to use ours. But it was well worth it and had a great time with it this past year.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Big Horn auto: 20% tint, Line-x, etc..
2013 Springdale 303bhssr

ThreeEs_and_One
Explorer
Explorer
texasclarks wrote:
Congrats on the new TT. I would hook up and see if it looks about level (not too nose high) as well as distributes enough weight from the rear to the front wheels. What are the two different TVs?

And pics would be nice!

Thanks much! That's what I thought. My challenge is we're on a slight slope so I'd have to go someplace to see how it all measures out.

We're pulling with an 11 Expedition (9,200#) and an 07 Mega Cab (10,400#)

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
One question I do have for the forum regarding hitch height. The dealer set the hitch/WD up on DW's vehicle. I told the tech we'd be using both hers and mine and that mine sat higher than hers, he said no problem. So long as there wasn't more than an inch or two in height difference we'd be good. I measured today and we're at 1.5 inch difference. Is the tech correct? I can't drop the ball any more on my shank so it would require buying a new one. We are using the EAZ-Lift and from what I can tell we have the shank that offers most height/drop and its dropped already.

Congrats on the new trailer. It should sit/travel level.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new TT. I would hook up and see if it looks about level (not too nose high) as well as distributes enough weight from the rear to the front wheels. What are the two different TVs?

And pics would be nice!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!