cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Launch 16RB - Not what we looked at...

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this post so mods, please let me know if I need to delete and repost somewhere else.

We recently picked up a Starcraft Launch 16rb that we fell in love with on the show room floor. It's a 2018 and we feel like we got a really good deal on it. They were the best prices in the area, and we feel comfortable with the price we paid.

So here is the 'problem' (1st world problem). It's not the same that we looked at in the show room. It was POURING when I picked it up and had to install a WD hitch in the rain. It was dark and everything was wet when we brought it home. The next day the wife went out and the first thing she said is "the floor is supposed to be gray". It's brown, and an oversight on my part as I just wanted to get everything hooked up and go without getting too soaked. I emailed the dealer and he said the show room model has brown flooring as well, it may have just looked brighter because all the lights were on.

About a week later my kids wanted to look at photos on my phone and I forgot I took some pictures of the floor model. Dealer was wrong, or fibbed. The floor model is definitely different. I'll attach the images. You can see the cushion pattern and floor is different. I'm not sure how much of a big deal I should make here. We like the camper, it's just not the same interior colors that we asked for. That's literally it. I'm not even sure we can exchange at this point since we already took it home. Just wondering if anyone ever ran into this and what my options might be. I'm a little annoyed at their dishonesty.
Showroom

Mine
26 REPLIES 26

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
1500 wrote:
Well I think the trailer you ended up with is far better looking. The floor actually has an interesting pattern. It is hard to find a trailer with lighter colored wood cabinets. And the contrast between them looks great. The seat covers also look way better than the Floor models "cheap 80's hotel room" look, that most trailers aim for.

Yes the dealer did screw you in a way. They were able to off load an older trailer for more than they were expecting. You would have gotten a better deal buying a last years model than the current year. But sadly you took ownership of the trailer so just be happy you got a nice trailer that you should have a lot of fun with.

Actually we did get an excellent deal on the trailer by doing just that. Their 2019s were cominging in so they were offloading their 18s. They were a few thousand less on the same trailer as the other local dealers. We went in looking at some used 2016s, but for about 2k more, we were able to get a brand new one. Worth it IMO.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I'm curious as to what the dealership will do. Personally I prefer the interior you got, but that's just me. Bottom line is you didn't get what you ordered and wanted. I would keep pressing until they do something even if it's just an apology. Please keep us updated.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on these types of threads on this board in the past I know you should trust your fellow man and their honesty. Personally there are not many RV dealers I trust, and when it comes to their salespeople....even less. A lot of snakes in the grass in the entire RV Industry, it's best to go in locked and loaded. Fire away.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Explorer
Explorer
Well I think the trailer you ended up with is far better looking. The floor actually has an interesting pattern. It is hard to find a trailer with lighter colored wood cabinets. And the contrast between them looks great. The seat covers also look way better than the Floor models "cheap 80's hotel room" look, that most trailers aim for.

Yes the dealer did screw you in a way. They were able to off load an older trailer for more than they were expecting. You would have gotten a better deal buying a last years model than the current year. But sadly you took ownership of the trailer so just be happy you got a nice trailer that you should have a lot of fun with.

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! We are going to enjoy it no matter what.

Clicck
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

you've now also provided the dealer, or more specifically the dealer's service manager, great excuse to negatively rate you as a customer.

LOL, someone has been watching too much Seinfeld.

Maybe people make a mental note of who is a jerk and who isn't but now we have to be nice to the dealer so we don't get a mark in our permanent record? This forum is an endless supply of laughs, I love it!

And OP, your camper is real nice, the lighter colored wood and dark floor is a nice contrast. Looks like the fabric is a nicer pattern as well. Hope you get this figured out soon so you can get on with enjoying the camper.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kibbis wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
. How would YOU react when being accused of being dishonest? :R

So if I call them, and say, hey this isn't the same as the model we looked at that you have in your show room, and they say yes it is and i find photographic evidence that it's not, I'm not supposed to call them out on their dishonesty?

The guy i have been speaking with has a desk right in front of the show room camper. he told me the showroom camper was the brown and green interior when it's the gray (see pictures). I would call that being dishonest. So i'm not supposed to call them out on that? Maybe be up front with me and I wouldn't have to do so.

Green, gray โ€” maybe heโ€™s colorblind? Of course if he is, he shouldnโ€™t insist what the colors are.

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
. How would YOU react when being accused of being dishonest? :R

So if I call them, and say, hey this isn't the same as the model we looked at that you have in your show room, and they say yes it is and i find photographic evidence that it's not, I'm not supposed to call them out on their dishonesty?

The guy i have been speaking with has a desk right in front of the show room camper. he told me the showroom camper was the brown and green interior when it's the gray (see pictures). I would call that being dishonest. So i'm not supposed to call them out on that? Maybe be up front with me and I wouldn't have to do so.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
At the end of the day itโ€™s just colors and trim. On my cherokee the flooring โ€œupgradeโ€ was to faux wood vinyl linoleum. Still the same stuff just a different design.

I wouldnโ€™t sweat it, just enjoy it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
There is a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking here by everyone.

If the dealer is willing to swap it out for what you want fine. If not, you are the owner of the TT you like with the wrong interior.

If your wife is happy, it is a moot point, just one of life's many mistakes. But I suspect you have already figured that out.

Kind of a bummer as they say.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
While state laws differ, from a legal perspective, you ordered a trailer that did not specify an exact floor covering, and you accepted and took delivery of a trailer with a floor covering different than what you EXPECTED. You do not have a leg to stand on.

If it were me, I would either learn to love it or pay to have different covering installed.

Actually we made it pretty clear when we ordered the camper what we wanted. Doesn't change the fact that I didn't realize the difference, but we did clearly state we wanted the same thing as the showroom model. I have it on email with the salesperson. So it is in writing to a degree.

And once again...I know I did accept and took delivery. So that is correct. Please keep pointing it out though because that wasn't done enough here. It's not like I'm going after them in court or anything here so I'm not really looking for a leg to stand on. I didn't even request a new camper. I would like an apology though for fibbing about the floor model after the fact and for the mistake. None of which I have received.

For you last statement, I'd have to get a new floor, wall color, pillows/cushion design to change to the one I wanted. Not something I'm willing to do. I love the camper itself, just wish the outcome was different.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
While state laws differ, from a legal perspective, you ordered a trailer that did not specify an exact floor covering, and you accepted and took delivery of a trailer with a floor covering different than what you EXPECTED. You do not have a leg to stand on.

If it were me, I would either learn to love it or pay to have different covering installed.

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Does your invoice list anything about the interior color/trim?

Checked on this last night. It does not.

I reached out to the sales mgr and we are discussing it. I'll see what they come back with. As much as I would like to replace it with one that we wanted, it's unrealistic. We don't hate the current interior so it's not a huge deal. Some sort of compensation would be appreciated though. Even if it's just an honest apology (I wouldn't mind some thrown in accessories though either ๐Ÿ˜„ )

Kibbis
Explorer
Explorer
LeBout wrote:
Kibbis wrote:
Not sure how I can see that as me being difficult.

Don't let those kinds of comments bother you. We live in a "rush to judgment" society and it happens all the time. Most of the folks on here are polite so don't let a couple bad apples chase you away.

So sorry for the trailer mix-up. That is EXACTLY the kind of thing that would happen to me. I almost always get in trouble when I try to do things without my wife. :R I sure hope you get it straightened out to your satisfaction.

Thank you for the sentiment. I'm not one to run away that quickly, everyone can be cranky sometimes.

Yeah I'm sure something will get worked out. It's still a nice camper, and everything functions as it should so it's not like they sold us a heap of junk.