cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking to upgrade

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
so after three years with the good old 1991 sluberqueen, we are starting to look at upgrading.

a little newer but mostly it is the layout and storagr we are looking for. if the sluberqueen the door of the bathroom pushes your leg over so a man cant sit on the toilet properly and it has a east west bed. also we want a bit more space so were not tripping over the dog as much. we were even discussing weather we would trade the 5th wheel in on a new camper but in the end we decided haveing both would be best as they are for two different purposes.

we have found two we like so far, one being a 2019 adventurer 910db. thos one has a slide and storage from the outside that we would be able to put a couple lawn chairs in as well as the power bunk above the dinette for when we have the grand kid camping with us.

the other one I found is a 2015 Lance 1050s, this one in some ways I like better and some ways I don't.

it is almost 200 lbs lighter (both are close to the most I can carry with my truck, but I can stay leagal. it doesnt have the bunk but the table makes down to a big bed for grand kids, but with the adventure we could sit at the table still and have coffee while the kid is in bed. also the Lance doesnt have any large outside storage just a bunch of small cubby size so where do you store your camping chairs? and the lance only has a 30 gal fresh water tank.. not a huge deal but thats 15 gal less than the 910BD.

the good thing is the lance already has a factory roof rack that I could use for my solar panels, the batteries are already stored inside the camper so when I move my LiFepo4 over I just need to block off the outside vents and there in the conditioned space. I do like the forwrd bath of the adventure better but the with the slide open the Lance doesnt feel like a hallway fromt he door to the bedroom with the rear bath, this one also already has electric motors on the jacks.

I think inside storage wise they are very simular, outside storage the adventurer winds hands down with the large under dinette storage thats accessabl from outside and the large pull out basment tray. the lance realy has nothing ... but it does have a roof rack for kayacks and such.

I think it is price for me .. the adventurere is 45K the lance is 35K so it is how much do I want to pay.

is there any other units I should be looking at that are under that 3600 dry weight?

thanks
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
6 REPLIES 6

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Seems pricing on both campers is in line if they have been maintained well.

yes, and I am not buying for about a year, so I have time to see what the market does and take my time. were just starting to narrow down what we like so when the time comes we know what we want to find.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
jaycocreek wrote:
I'm a huge Adventurer fan....But I've also never had any issues with my Lance's..

No help huh...lol...

Good luck on your choice.

haha ya so far my favorite is the adventurer 910DB. huge basement tray and space, large storage under the dinett that accessabel from outside also, front large dry bath... just hard to find right now..
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
lhenry8113 wrote:
Have you looked at Arctic Fox/Wolf Creek TC's made by Northwood Mfg., in Oregon. They have been around for years and made as a 4 seasons camper.

I have been looking at the artic fox, bigfoot and northren lights. bigfoot and northren lights are way to pricy and dont increase the interior space we have. the artic fox is pricy also but the 992 is light enough and has a beautiful layout, the 990 has the rear bathroom but it would work also. just havent seen any used ones.

as for wolf creek, they don't make a slide model so it wouldn't give us any more interior space to get around the dog haha.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a huge Adventurer fan....But I've also never had any issues with my Lance's..

No help huh...lol...

Good luck on your choice.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Arctic Fox/Wolf Creek TC's made by Northwood Mfg., in Oregon. They have been around for years and made as a 4 seasons camper.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Seems pricing on both campers is in line if they have been maintained well.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad