cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose Leaky Toilet

krazymatt
Explorer
Explorer
So last fall I purchased a 1997 Wanderer 24ft Travel Trailer for a screaming deal. The only thing wrong with it is the toilet is loose/wobbly and leaking where it mounts to the floor. I don't think it even has the right bolts. I'm thinking when the Previous owner did some work to the floor he didn't mount the toilet right plus he used the wrong bolts. Will I be able to find the bolts and nuts or will I have to replace the entire flange? Any help is appreciated.
New Mexico
2018 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4
7 REPLIES 7

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
If that broken flange is not threaded and is actually glued in (I would suspect this), you may be able to fix it with a flange repair ring (Like this).

Much easier and faster repair, to just screw this ring right over the top of the existing flange.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. It should be a thread on type.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

krazymatt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input guys. I will remove the toilet this evening and take a look. I'm suspecting that yes they might've used a wax seal and I'm guessing the flange is busted because it seems like the wood screwed it in lol. Can the flange itself be replaced fairly easily without removing the black tank if need be?
New Mexico
2018 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins 4x4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My guess is someone used a wax seal rather than the rubber one.
At any rate, I would pull the toilet and see what's going on. Then install a new rubber seal and hardware. Have a standard "Party cup" handy - they make a great plug for the toilet hole.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
While you have the toilet off and putting in a new gasket, you might want to add a riser to the toilet, which comes with new longer bolts. If you already have a normal house height toilet then any hardware store sells the nuts and bolts.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV toilets use same type/style floor flanges residential toilets use

RV toilets use a foam floor gasket vs the wax ring residential toilets use

What BRAND/Model is the toilet???
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Ron3rd