cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose Screw on the ProPride Hitch Head

S_K_
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from our first camping trip of this season. As usual, the ProPride hitch performed admirably in making the towing experience a very comfortable one,

However, after unhitching, I noticed that there's a 3/4" long stainless bolt/screw sitting on the top of the hitch head (please see photo below).

I have no idea where did this screw come from nor how long it has been sitting there.
Could anyone who has a ProPride tell whether there is a possibility that this was something worked loose from the ProPride hitch or that it was completely unrelated to the hitch (for example, from the electric jack)?

I did examine the hitch carefully and couldn't see any obvious indication that this was a part of the hitch. It also appears to be too small for being part of the ProPride, but I thought I better be careful when there is any possibility of a potential safety issue.

Thanks!

2010 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS
2010 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax, CCSB, 4x4
ProPride 3P-1000
2016 Winnebago ERA 70A
4 REPLIES 4

S_K_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for responding, that's what I tend to think too. But I just wanted to be on the safe side by asking for advice from people like you.

mhardin wrote:
As a Hensley owner, I seriously doubt that has anything to do with your hitch. However, I would send that picture to the ProPride folks and ask them just to be on the safe side.

Mike

Good suggestion! I did email the picture to ProPride. Sean Woodruff, as usual, responded very quickly and confirmed that the screw was not a part of the ProPride hitch. He also suggested that it might have come from the electric tongue jack. I will go to the storage yard in a day or two to check this out.
2010 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS
2010 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax, CCSB, 4x4
ProPride 3P-1000
2016 Winnebago ERA 70A

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
As a Hensley owner, I seriously doubt that has anything to do with your hitch. However, I would send that picture to the ProPride folks and ask them just to be on the safe side.

Mike
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would worry more about the nut loose behind the wheel.....

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't worry about that screw, there isn't anyway it could be from your hitch.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo