cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

loosing old members

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
loosing old members here ???? seem a lot are gone / going any particular reason personally I post way less because of less knowledge on newer campers AND because of sites horrible photo posting process ! whats your opinion /reasons for less participation ???
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011
223 REPLIES 223

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
3TV wrote:
I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?

Photos take space. Space costs money. Anybody here paying to access this site? Good Sam is the sole owner and sponsor of the forum so it would be coming out of their pocket.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:

One BIG service to the members that Camping World REFUSES to add is a classifieds section. You wanna hear some real crickets, head over to the irv2 forum...zzzzz......

They briefly tried a number of years ago, but it flopped.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
BradW wrote:
Thanks for finding that. Those old forum names bring back a lot of memories. I know there is a newer one, but I still can't find it. I think I may have started the thread, maybe 4 or 5 years ago.????

Looking for something else and this popped up link to the missing 'newer' 10 year member list 05/2012
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26057577.cfm
and the older 2007 list
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/19619063.cfm
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
This forum was extremely helpful when we bought our first trailer...had tons of questions on towing, hitches, and everything RV-related. We used to have some lively characters here on the forum that would argue about anything at the drop of a hat.

I went through the cycle of learning and then sharing what I learned with the noobs coming up behind me, but like everyone else got turned off by the aggressive moderating. Tech Issues and Tow Vehicles are still great places to have a good conversation, got loads of good advice when I bought this truck in May.

General RVing and Around the Campfire may as well be deleted as far as I am concerned, they are so over-moderated that the only thing people argue about is the moderation. Would be better off un-moderated with a disclaimer on the main page of "what you see may offend you."

After a many-year hiatus, I am active here once again as I try to learn all the ins/outs about Truck Campers, and I am thankful for all the guys that took time to help me. I see several guys are currently involved in, or have already undertaken restoration projects, and sharing info is a huge timesaver.

One BIG service to the members that Camping World REFUSES to add is a classifieds section. You wanna hear some real crickets, head over to the irv2 forum...zzzzz......

3TV
Explorer
Explorer
I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?
2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie SWB 4x4
2020 Lance 825
2021 Grand Design Momentum 350G

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I got several PM's from Steve that he sent me soon after I bought my Outfitter. I unsuccessfully looked for him a year ago.

His last known address is in St Johns, AZ, So I'm gonna send him a letter. Nothing to loose.
magic43

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Steve helped me a lot when I got my Outfitter.
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know. Steve did me a big favor one time when we bought our 2006 F350.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder what happened to member; Steve in 29?
magic43

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding this topic "loosing old members", I admit I'm older and getting looser in certain areas.

I'm still here but mostly a lurker. When I was more active and needed answers, I posted. Then when I thought others would benefit from my experiences, mistakes, and achievements, I posted.

I don't post much anymore because I've been through the cycle of new member/new question/new answer several times. And I think it's important for new members to use the (crappy) search function on the web site FIRST then ask questions. It is highly likely that their question has been answered.

So, I'm still here and so is my 2004 Outfitter Apex 8 and Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4.

Geewizard
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
I am still around, just not kicking quite as high as I once kicked. The 2004 Outfitter Apex 8 TC still gets a workout as it was used last year for our trip to Hyder, AK by way of Vancouver Island, etc. All of our October Colorado trips are also made in the TC. We also now have an Idle Time 23' fiver that gets some traveling action.
magic43

f450_camper_hau
Explorer
Explorer
Still kicking, just with a 5th wheel instead. Sold the Lance back in 07 as our family eventually out grew. That little guy in my signature photo will start college this fall.

Time has flown by as we have had loads of fun!

Looking forward to downsizing back to a camper once all of our kids are out of the house.
2016 F450 Lariat
2009 Cyclone 3210

2008 F450 Lariat (Sold)
2004 F450 Lariat (Sold)
1995 F350 CC LWB (Sold)
2002 Lance 1010 (Sold)

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
I was on for quite a few years but a change of life made me leave. Thankfully for me, I'm back and will be looking for my next trailer and some fun times.
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reddog1, gone, but not forgotten.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
We have bunch of friends in Vegas who moved here from California.
But guess what? When houses and property taxes are lower, the sale tax is close, new cars registration is comparable, or higher,- insurance is way over the roof.
Take your pick.