cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love my WDH! Just installed it on a new trailer.

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this WDH about 5 years ago when I was towing a 31'TT. When I got rid of the trailer, I kept the hitch...for the price I gave it away, I couldn't bear to part with the hitch.

I've been lugging it around for the past 5 years...and finally found an excuse to install it.

Our partner ministry owns this 20' enclosed trailer, and we've got access to it whenever we need it. We're going to take it down the alcan and back this week...so I decided it needed a good WDH setup. We're going to just keep this hitch with this trailer, and it'll help others who have smaller trucks be able to handle this trailer better.

Anyway....I love this hitch. I've got about 15K miles on it towing the 31'TT, I'll be putting another 7K on it this month. It's a Reese Pro Series Trunion Bar with Sway control. Model 66157.

Just finished installing......

This is the first time with it attached to our super truss extension with super hitch....hopefully the trip goes smoothly! We'll post a trip report as we find internet along the way.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150
4 REPLIES 4

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
dadwolf2 wrote:
Those bars are dual purpose aren't they, WD and sway? Is there some kind of adjustable friction where the bars go through the box?

It just covers the brake pad area. The adjustments aren't easy to make, they involve moving the bracket forwards or backwards on the trailer and adjusting the hitch up, down or tilting it forward or aft.

Adjusting takes big wrenches and big arms....or cheater bars. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not easy to do on the road....but once adjusted you shouldn't ever have to touch it.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Yep that hitch looks very similar to my Equal-I-Zer and the bars serve as weight distribution and sway control. I don't use a hitch extension (I lengthened my trailer tongue instead) and honestly I don't really need it, my setup tows great even without it, but I always use it for the other benefit I never seem to hear mention of; when you use a WDH like that, it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE for the trailer to come accidentally unhitched, even if you didn't latch the hitch coupler! I like knowing the trailer IS NOT going to bounce off the hitch ball no matter what.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted that hitch but my dealer's secretary screwed up the order. Settled with the Dual Cam.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
Those bars are dual purpose aren't they, WD and sway? Is there some kind of adjustable friction where the bars go through the box?
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB