cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress Reccomendations

dman535
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a Short Queen. See offerings from Linenspa and Zinus on Amazon - anyone have experiences with either? Currently have the factory 6" foam unit in our trailer and its woefully inadequate. Don't want to break the bank - but need something better.

Thanks !
11 REPLIES 11

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
WE have bought 3 Dynasty memory foam mattresses in the last few years. I believe they have a queen short rv mattress. The first we bought from Amazon and two we bought direct from Dynasty. Not disappointed. All have been super great.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loved the Lucid we had for the last trailer, for the new one we got another Lucid. This time a 10" gel topped medium firmness model. Haven't slept a full night yet but the naps I've taken have been wonderful. I'll update later as the first trip starts on Saturday ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Bluejay_Ford
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our Keystone Cougar factory mattress with a Zinus 8 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress. My goodness I should have made the switch earlier. I will always have one of these in our camper.

texacokat
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Denver mattress full queen which was supplied with our new Forest River Wildwood 27rks. I sleep better in IT than I do in our stick and brick house. DH flips like a fish out of water all night long but I can't feel the movement in this mattress.
Kathy & Scott
2018 Ford F-150 XLT
2018 Forest River Wildwood 27rks

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Zinus 8โ€ we got through Amazon. Love it.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
We also purchased the Zinus short queen in 8โ€ and have now moved it to our 2nd camper, even though the new camper came with a new mattress. Plus we liked the Zinus so well that we replaced our home queen with the 12โ€ Zinus mattress on Amazon and havenโ€™t regretted either purchase!
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my Jayco Seneca 'Pillow Top' with a conventional inner spring short queen mattress from HANDCRAFT MATTRESS. Very good mattress, in fact when our home mattress needed replacement
we went back to HANDCRAFT. They manufacture in Florida and Calif.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079YYQNDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm

I put one of the above in our 5th wheel. We added a WalMart 2" foam topper right before our last extended trip. Neither of us wanted to get out of bed, it was so comfortable.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
The short queen Zinus was under $300 and is very comfortable. Got mine after backyard camping with Grandkids twice before first CG. I know my wife would have given up on camping after one night and want to go home from those reject mattresses that come stock.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a queen short, pillow top mattress through Amazon and have been very happy with it. Think it was around $300

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what we use in the trailer and at home: Samโ€™ s Club 9/12/2012 8โ€ Night Therapy Total Comfort Premium Memory Foam Mattress-Queen item 186150 $212. Still comfortable 8 years later.

We cut the trailer mattress foot with a serrated knife to our preference which is a bit longer than a short queen as we have room to walk around the foot of the bed.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi