cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing Cowl on feedthrough

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Got on the roof of my adventurer camper and noticed that the cable feedthrough was missing a cowl.
Must have blown off.
Anyone know who manufactures one like this so I can find a replacement?

7 REPLIES 7

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Joe417 wrote:
You found what you needed.

Did you notice that the diagram specifies to caulk the 3 screw and the wire feed through point. Obviously wasn't done when the antenna was mounted.

Yeah, and there is a drain slot on the end to let any water that gets in a place to drain out.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
You found what you needed.

Did you notice that the diagram specifies to caulk the 3 screw and the wire feed through point. Obviously wasn't done when the antenna was mounted.
Joe & Evelyn

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry didn't see this earlier but looks like you got the info you need.

Just a comment on the SAE connection, I think that may have been added by someone other than Adventurer. I have that plug but it's mounted in the lower mount (not the cover) of the fridge vent on mine.... of course could be different place on different models it just seems odd to mount it pointing up.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Update:
Got an email from Adventurer and they said it was the base for a Jensen OMNI TV antenna.
Found this diagram below that confirms that.
I think what happened the previous owner must have removed the Jensen antenna and installed a different brand in another location but with the antenna gone they failed to seal around where the cable enters.
Luckily it has been an extremely dry summer. Camper was stored indoors for 2 years before that. So I will confirm this and seal it when I remove the tarp.

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
jimh425 wrote:
I can't find anything that looks like it. Does it have a brand name on it, or what brand of antenna is it?

I do believe adding Dicor would seal it.

Thanks!
Yeah I searched internet yesterday looking for a match, couldn't find anything.
No brand name on the part in the picture. Sent an email to Adventurer to see if it was
something that they installed. Can't look at the antenna since I covered it with a tarp and
its raining this week.
If I can't find the right part then Dicor is the default fix.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't find anything that looks like it. Does it have a brand name on it, or what brand of antenna is it?

I do believe adding Dicor would seal it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Apply some sealant to it just like how they sealed the red and black wire connection right behind it. Keep it simple.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.