Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monument Valley

jdcellarmod
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Campgrounds I saw, KOA and Gouldingโ€™s. Any recommendations on either one? Looking to go end of September for one or two nights. How is the weather that time of year? Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff
2021 Ram 3500 short bed dually
2020 Arctic Fox 865 short bed
2021 Nitro Z18
9 REPLIES 9

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes - it was open. And very flat - at least the large area where I was.
Cal

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Did they open the park with the snow?
I remember some grades in 15% range, so definitely not for slippery conditions.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
The Mitten View camp area in the part is 'primitive', but completely adequate for self-contained campers. Can't comment on the Sept weather.

Cal

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Some time ago we stayed at the CG inside the park. The View, I think it's called. Very primitive, but we had it to ourselves. Had to chase off some feral dogs before letting our two out. The view made it all worthwhile. Also, a good place to leave the camper so we wouldn't shake up the beer when driving the valley road.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
The campgrounds at the park did not look good to us, so we drove via the park and spend the night on the road.
Since it was never quite clear if commercial truck with cargo in form of a camper is RV, I ignored the signs forbidding RVs there.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Gouldings!

This. Beautiful scenery, nostalgia, nice place to eat, drink, close to the entrance. KOA looked like an open field.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Gouldings!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Check that the reservations are open to visitors.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Gouldings and really liked it. Take the guided tour offered by the native tribe. Red dust gets in everything. If you have a camera put it in a baggie while you ride thru the desert on the tour. September should be good weather with heat starting to go away.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand