cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on front hitch on TV

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife and it are in the process of selling out TT and purchasing a 5th wheel. We recently sold our Ford excursion and purchased a 2013 GMC 3500 Duramax. Some of the 5th wheels we are looking at do not have a rear storage rack or rear receiver hitch. My question is, if I would put a front receiver hitch on my truck and put a bike rack on it, would it interfere with the cooling system on the truck
9 REPLIES 9

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
I had a front hitch on my 2015 F-250 gasser that didn't affect anything at all while towing a 10k trailer.

2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hank85713 wrote:
is it possible to access the frame and have a welding shop put the receiver in and add the bike racks? Might have to 'customize' rear body work to do, but would be a better option I think.

A couple of companies make bolt on front receiver hitches that fit.

https://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2013_GMC_Sierra.htm

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
This is a grille guard/hitch I built. It takes the place of the factory tow hooks. As you can see it's well braced and has been put to the test. I have a 12,000 lb rated winch that plugs into the hitch that has been put to use and strained

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hank85713 wrote:
is it possible to access the frame and have a welding shop put the receiver in and add the bike racks? Might have to 'customize' rear bodywork to do, but would be a better option I think.

I'm not sure. It has an enclosed underbelly and no part of the frame is visible

Bessie-Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
I have one on my 2012 3500HD with two bikes and have no problems with cooling pulling my Riverstone.

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a simple bolt on - from a company called Bodiak. Fits great on my Ram. They may make one for a Chebby. Good for over 300 lbs.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
is it possible to access the frame and have a welding shop put the receiver in and add the bike racks? Might have to 'customize' rear body work to do, but would be a better option I think.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I’d still go for a bike rack on the back bumper of the 5ver, but no it won’t hurt to pack bikes on the front of the truck. Other than getting covered in bug guts every time you travel. Yuck
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used front bike racks since 1974. !974 Ford PU, 1984 Dodge Passenger Van, 1995 Dodge Cummins PU, and a 2003 Dully Crew Cab Dodge Cummins thru now with absolute no problems. Now keep in mind, bikes weren't covered.