cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need recommendations for a new Short Queen size mattress

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
The current mattress installed is great for one person. However, when the spouse gets in bed we both roll to the center. So, looking for a mattress that does not get that dip/sag in the center. The dimensions of the current mattress is 60ร—74.

Thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
We are in our 2nd year and 2nd TT with a 8โ€ thick Zinus short Queen foam mattress, we told the dealer to keep the new mattress in the new TT and havenโ€™t regretted it for 1 minute! We love it so much we got the 12โ€ Zinus for our home Queen, all on Amazon โ€œin a boxโ€.
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

darleyhavidson
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
Curious what kind of platform your mattress sits on. We had one in our last rig that was a metal frame around the edges and metal bars in a few other places in the middle. To give the mattered something ti sit on it then had a webbing done like a basket weave that worked pretty good, but the mattress funnels two people to the middle like yours. The metal bars were 1โ€ below the outside metal frame which caused most of the issue, got some 1โ€ aluminum tubing from Home Depot that fixed the problem.

The mattress just sits on a plywood base.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Curious what kind of platform your mattress sits on. We had one in our last rig that was a metal frame around the edges and metal bars in a few other places in the middle. To give the mattered something ti sit on it then had a webbing done like a basket weave that worked pretty good, but the mattress funnels two people to the middle like yours. The metal bars were 1โ€ below the outside metal frame which caused most of the issue, got some 1โ€ aluminum tubing from Home Depot that fixed the problem.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Get the Queen layered memory foam mattress of your choice and cut the length to 74" or your choice. We got ours at Sam's and cut it down to 76" because there was room for the extra 2" and it was desired. Our plywood base had no sag.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
You might even try thicker plywood.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a travel trailer but I did have the same problem in my motorhome. I found that the plywood base was sagging with two people. My cure was to place a correct length 4x4 upright under the plywood in the center of the bed. No more rolling to the center.
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
8โ€ memory foam from Serena Sleep with a 2โ€ topper. Very comfortable.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch