cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Equity Group Owns Northern Lite Campers

ABC123ABC
Explorer
Explorer
I'm of the opinion that a product doesn't get better when the owners #1 concern is more profit.

https://triwest.ca/triwest-capital-partners-announces-partnership-with-outdoor-adventure-group/
4 REPLIES 4

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
This new endeavor is whatโ€™s called โ€˜Venture Capitalismโ€™ and only time will tellโ€ฆNothing unusual about it, sometimes a good thing (by infusing cash and securing jobs and operations), other times not so muchโ€ฆMy guess (via this consolidation) is that their in it for the longer haulโ€ฆ

3 tons

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clickable Link

It sounds to me like this was a takeover or buyout of another investment group that already had shares.

Many companies don't want to operate independently anymore as their buying power is so poor and they have all their money tied up in inventory.

When they are under an umbrella group they can buy as a group and can get better rates on the products they need.

Also having an equity investment group involved gives them a lot of capital to work with for stock so they can produce extra product before they have sales orders allowing them better turn around time on orders.

I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the quality that Northern lite has been producing over the years but it does not look like it.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who cares who is making a profit? If you don't like the camper, don't buy it. If you like the camper and it's at a fair price, buy it. I only care about what i am buying, how good it is, and whether I'm getting any value. I don't buy coke cause i don't like it. I buy pepsi because i like it and it costs the same. If the guy that sold it to me makes a nickel, good for him. If not, not my problem.

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
So instead of two separate companies each making a profit, now we have three each needing a profit from the two original companies.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC